Search found 4 matches

by fracu
Friday 29th Sep 2006, 16:27
Forum: CB Radio Modifications
Topic: Dragon TRC485 VCO Moddfication
Replies: 5
Views: 12440

THANK YOU! I'll try it out!!! I'll let you know later.

So you're saying if i change that components will I enhance the radio's frequency range? (More than the original 1,7 Mhz e.g. from 26.705 to 28.475?) I had never heard about that new VCO. Has it a wide range?

And should I add three more ...
by fracu
Thursday 28th Sep 2006, 14:18
Forum: CB Radio Modifications
Topic: Dragon TRC485 VCO Moddfication
Replies: 5
Views: 12440

Thanks Rick for your attention !!!
My Dragon has an OLD TYPE VCO. Just one KDV251.
I've added a BB405 varicap just because it has a lower capacity compared to KDV251 at the same tension (In order to get higher frequencies).
What do you mean with "use all the same varicaps" ? Should I add another ...
by fracu
Thursday 28th Sep 2006, 11:45
Forum: CB Radio Modifications
Topic: My Gripe.
Replies: 29
Views: 105867

Please help me! I promess you i'll be very grateful to you!!!
Please see my post. I think you're my only hope.
Thanks!
by fracu
Wednesday 27th Sep 2006, 12:55
Forum: CB Radio Modifications
Topic: Dragon TRC485 VCO Moddfication
Replies: 5
Views: 12440

Dragon TRC485 VCO Moddfication

Hi.
I own a Dragon TRC485.
I already did the trick to get 400 channels using this:
http://www.radiomods.co.nz/trc485mod.html
But "To transmit / receive on all of the 400 channels it is necessary to adjust the VCO."

I've adjusted the VCO tuning the resonance coil but in that way i can only move the ...