old style Super Star 3900

For discussions on CB Radio Repair and Troubleshooting, do not post modification requests here, use the Modifications forum !
SuperStarJunky

old style Super Star 3900

Post by SuperStarJunky »

I have what is to be an old style ss3900 which i bought used and i beleive it has mods done to it, but when i search online i can only find mods that go to the 3900 that does not resemble my board. I was wondering if any one had a picture of the bottom of the pc board and a picture of the top of one. I have tired searching online and havent had any luck.

Also the pcb number is ept360011z if that helps

So if anyone can help me, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time
Uncle Ray
Dead Key
Dead Key

Post by Uncle Ray »

Hi mate

I know this is not the exact diagram BUT it has helped me a lot when working on my superstar 3600 11z.
It is simular....good luck.

http://www.dxzone.com/cgi-bin/dir/jump2.cgi?ID=3396
Uncle Ray
Dead Key
Dead Key

Post by Uncle Ray »

Opps sorry.

Look for the " President Grant DX "...with the 8719 pll ( yes i know ours run the 145146 pll ).
SuperStarJunky

Post by SuperStarJunky »

this is what i am trying to find out what this is for, That is why i was asking for actual pictures of the pcb. when i opened the cover this is what i found...

i want to know where the other end of the resistor is supposed to go too..

so if anyone know please let me know..
SuperStarJunky

Post by SuperStarJunky »

also i noticed that it seems like my radio is stuck in FM. What could be the problem.. Anybody???????
SuperStarJunky

Post by SuperStarJunky »

anybody, anyone, Dont tell me no one here knows... this is supposed to be the worlds greatest site???
nomadradio
Technical Helper
Technical Helper

Post by nomadradio »

The "11Z" version of that pc board is from the very early nineties, pretty sure.

Poking about for a radio with that board in it, but no luck yet. That would be the best answer to the question, one that hasn't come loose yet.

Don't remember ever seeing those "flying" parts on the foil side of the PCB documented anywhere. Diagram won't help much since there are no screen-printed callouts for those two parts.

SuperStarJunky

Post by SuperStarJunky »

nomadradio wrote:The "11Z" version of that pc board is from the very early nineties, pretty sure.

Poking about for a radio with that board in it, but no luck yet. That would be the best answer to the question, one that hasn't come loose yet.

Don't remember ever seeing those "flying" parts on the foil side of the PCB documented anywhere. Diagram won't help much since there are no screen-printed callouts for those two parts.

I think these parts on the foil side of the pcb where added but iam not sure.. That is why iam trying to find out or see if anyone has a pic of the foil side of the pcb.. I bought this used from a swap meet for 10 bucks. and it seems like it works, i recieve great just when i transmit , i am being told that it sounds like iam off frequency.. I will be sending this radio out to get repaired if i cant get answers on this web site..
Uncle Ray
Dead Key
Dead Key

Post by Uncle Ray »

Mate.
As I have said I have the same radio...YES I know where it goes. I am on holidays from today. I will open up my radio and try TRY to copy your photo onto my computer and photoshop a circle around where it goes.
I don't know much about photoshop and I dont have a digital camera ( :oops: )..But I will help. stand by.
Cheers.
Ray
Uncle Ray
Dead Key
Dead Key

Post by Uncle Ray »

One other thing...have you ever suffered from freq drift ( only slightly ) with your radio ?
Will put up a foto soon.
Uncle Ray
Dead Key
Dead Key

Post by Uncle Ray »

Hope this works...

Far left hand side next to a solder joint with n/c pins underneath.
SuperStarJunky

Post by SuperStarJunky »

Uncle Ray wrote:One other thing...have you ever suffered from freq drift ( only slightly ) with your radio ?
Will put up a foto soon.
Yes i have and now it seems like it is stuck in fm mode.. and thank you for the pictures..