LT2D Echo Board Install

For discussions on CB Radio Repair and Troubleshooting, do not post modification requests here, use the Modifications forum !
Min
Light User
Light User

LT2D Echo Board Install

Post by Min »

Hi all, I have just installed the LT2D unit in my President P400. It works great.
The problem I have is that I unsoldered the PHONE socket on the front to mount the echo switch there and now I have no receive audio.
I have wired the socket back up and I have receive again but the socket is all taped up with electrical tape and sitting inside the radio.
I want to get rid of it, how do I do this and get the radio to receive???
I`m sure its the same setup as a uniden washington.

Any ideas and help will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Rick
Technical Helper
Technical Helper

Re: President P400 removing phone socket.

Post by Rick »

In most cases, the Phone socket is used to short both wires together; you can remove the socket and just solder both in wires together.

Rick.
Min
Light User
Light User

Post by Min »

Hi Rick, thanks for that. Your a champ.
I did what you said and presto, no more socket and it receives audio.

I have another problem. I installed a Roger Beep and the beep comes out the front speaker very loudly. How can I stop the beep from comming out the radio speaker? or how can I make it very faint. I tryed a couple of different resistors and they lowered the sound a little but no where near enough. Once this is done I would like to also put a swithch inline so I can turn it off or on.

Any ideas on either or both will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks once again Rick :D

cheer
Rick
Technical Helper
Technical Helper

Re: President P400 Roger Beep

Post by Rick »

This is not a radio I have come across, so it not that easy to tell you what to do. If you have a diagram for the radio and the beep, let me know and will give you an e-maill address to send a copy to.

Sorry I could not be more helpfully.

Rick.
Min
Light User
Light User

Post by Min »

Hi Rick, I dont have a diagram for the radio. But i`m sure its the same as the uniden washington. It has the PC-385AG board. I`ll have a look around the net to see if I can find 1. And as for the beep, I can take a pic of it andf the instruction paper that came with it. It has some sort of wiring diagram on the back of it.
I`ll let you know how I go with the diagram for the radio first.

Cheers
Paul.
Min
Light User
Light User

Post by Min »

Rick, so far all i can find is a block diagram for the washington.
Rick
Technical Helper
Technical Helper

Re: President P400 Roger Beep

Post by Rick »

I have look over the PC385 and I can see what the problem is you need a Roger Beep with a relay.

How it works is like this, you need to disconnect the line going the speaker when the beep is activated this is why you need a beep with a relay as the relay is used to disconnect the speaker when the beep go off and when is over relay reconnect the speaker line. This can also be achieved with Roger Beep using transistor switching.

Rick.
Min
Light User
Light User

Post by Min »

Hi Rick, I have got a schematic for washington (mb8719pll) and I have taken pics of the instructions and diagram that I got with the roger beep.
Pm me the e-mail address so I can send them to you.

Cheers
Paul.