galaxy dx33 buzzing

For discussions on CB Radio Repair and Troubleshooting, do not post modification requests here, use the Modifications forum !
unit551961
Dead Key
Dead Key

galaxy dx33 buzzing

Post by unit551961 »

i have a galaxy dx 33. when i key the mike with the radio on high power it keys up 3 watts with a buzzing sound and no forward swing but has audio on the talk back. i can set the radio on medium power and it will key up 2 watts with just alittle forward swing and no buzzing. the same for low power.keys up with forward swing.and no buzzing. ive used 3 different new mikes . and tryed 2 different power supply. thanks for any help unit.
unit551961
Dead Key
Dead Key

Re: galaxy dx33 buzzing

Post by unit551961 »

unit551961 wrote:i have a galaxy dx 33. when i key the mike with the radio on high power it keys up 3 watts with a buzzing sound and no forward swing but has audio on the talk back. i can set the radio on medium power and it will key up 2 watts with just alittle forward swing and no buzzing. the same for low power.keys up with forward swing.and no buzzing. ive used 3 different new mikes . and tryed 2 different power supply. thanks for any help unit.
i guess this is a hard 1
ramblingman
Technical Helper
Technical Helper

Post by ramblingman »

Check C-128 , If this cap goes bad , it will cause
dc voltage to leak into audio causing a buzz sound on TX.
Rick
Technical Helper
Technical Helper

Post by Rick »

You do not say if you DX33 is the HML or the HP model.
Check the choke on the back of the mike socket, it maybe O/C.
Rick.
unit551961
Dead Key
Dead Key

Post by unit551961 »

Rick wrote:You do not say if you DX33 is the HML or the HP model.
thanks for the reply rick my bad its a dx-33hml.i did chang c128 as stated above but the radio is still the same.i will check the choke on the back of the mike socket.i will let you know how things go.thanks again rick.---unit
unit551961
Dead Key
Dead Key

Post by unit551961 »

Rick wrote:You do not say if you DX33 is the HML or the HP model.
thanks rick the L501 choke on the back of the mike socket was causeing the buzzing.the only thing now is the radio has no forward swing just alittle.i have adjusted all the modge pots but cant get no swing at all. thanks for help rick.---unit
Rick
Technical Helper
Technical Helper

Re: Galaxy DX33 No AM TX audio.

Post by Rick »

Try replacing TR51, the transistor bolted to the side of the radio near the power socket right hand side.
Rick.
unit551961
Dead Key
Dead Key

Re: Galaxy DX33 No AM TX audio.

Post by unit551961 »

Rick wrote:Try replacing TR51, the transistor bolted to the side of the radio near the power socket right hand side.
ok rick i changed tr51 b754 with a new 1. the radio still the same. this is what i have on power settings. low power dead keys 1 watt and will swing up to 2 watts. medium power dead keys 2 watt and will swing up to 3 watts and high power will dead key 4 watts and swings nothing. maybe a hair lol. once again thanks rick for the help. unit
Rick
Technical Helper
Technical Helper

Re: Galaxy DX33 Need more swing.

Post by Rick »

If you need more swing than the radio will do from stock.
Then you will most likely need to do some sort of swing modification, as it not something we do hear in the UK.
You will need to do a search on the forum or do a search on Google and if you do not find what you are look for, then put a new post on the forum under CB Radio Modifications.
Rick.
unit551961
Dead Key
Dead Key

Re: Galaxy DX33 Need more swing.

Post by unit551961 »

Rick wrote:If you need more swing than the radio will do from stock.
Then you will most likely need to do some sort of swing modification, as it not something we do hear in the UK.
You will need to do a search on the forum or do a search on Google and if you do not find what you are look for, then put a new post on the forum under CB Radio Modifications.
ok thanks for all the help rick.---unit