RCI 2950 talkback turndown

For discussions on CB Radio Repair and Troubleshooting, do not post modification requests here, use the Modifications forum !
thundir
Dead Key
Dead Key

RCI 2950 talkback turndown

Post by thundir »

I have an RCI 2950 Non DX Old school Radio. Just wondering is there a way to lower the talkback. Thanks......................John.
timrim
Heavy User
Heavy User

Post by timrim »

If you have the diode clipped to give you a talkback, you can lower the talkback by adding a .047 uf cap from pin 4 of the audio chip to ground. Pin 4 should be the input to the audio chip.
thundir
Dead Key
Dead Key

Post by thundir »

thanks Tim will look into this. Im not savy like the olden days with electronics. But will try and locate it................................John...... :)
timrim
Heavy User
Heavy User

Post by timrim »

You don't need to worry about the diode. I just assumed that it was how they put in the talkback. The diode is near the audio chip and in front of T1, its D-78, if you wish to locate it.
thundir
Dead Key
Dead Key

Post by thundir »

Hi Tim,
I actuall clipped on leg of the diode and it was just to loud. Guess cause I run my set up that way. But i re soldered it back. I didnt know for sure how to decrease some of the talkback. But Im going to give it a try again. Thanks Tim. :D
euhara
Frequent Keyer
Frequent Keyer

Post by euhara »

Simply turn down the mike gain some and the radio will still modulate enough to get out.

Jim