Courier Port A Lab 500D Test Center Trouble

For discussions on CB Radio Repair and Troubleshooting, do not post modification requests here, use the Modifications forum !
musicbizzy
First Name: Bobby

Courier Port A Lab 500D Test Center Trouble

Post by musicbizzy »

Radio Make and Model: Courier Port A Lab 500D
PCB Number: NA
PLL Number: NA
Test gear available: Scope and Meter.
Symptoms: The black wire coming from the center of the 50 ohm internal load resisters has
broken off and I need to know where it goes so I can solder it back.

What is working: All functions except the modulation and 500 watt scales.

What has been tried: A close visual inspection did not help.

Did it suddenly happen ?: Yes
Anything else that may be of help?: If anyone has one of these and can look inside to see where that black wire is connected it would be greatly appreciated. Also if anyone would have a schematic on this and can forward it to me that would be appreciated.
stancomm
First Name: Stan

Re: Courier Port A Lab 500D Test Center Trouble

Post by stancomm »

Hi Bobby, if the wire broke off something I'd suggest that you go back and take a second and even a third look... with a very strong light, like one of those Maglite LED guys and even a magnifying lens.
I say this, because somewhere the other end of that wire is hiding and will eventually be seen... been there! Failing having the schematic that's what you're going to need to do.
The other option is to reverse engineer the thing... drawing out the schematic from your own observation. Once you have that, the connection point for your wayward wire might become obvious. Or, you'll have something to share with the group who might be able to tell you where your wire needs to go.

Stan