uniden

For discussions on CB Radio Repair and Troubleshooting, do not post modification requests here, use the Modifications forum !
bluedrakonis
First Name: jeff

uniden

Post by bluedrakonis »

Radio Make and Model: uniden pro 510xl
PCB Number:
PLL Number:
Test gear available: antenna meter (one part plugs into the radio and the antenna plugs into this meter)
Symptoms: doesnt recieve

What is working: lights up, meter moves when the mic is pressed, external speaker

What has been tried: new mic

Did it suddenly happen ?: unknown
Anything else that may be of help?: i see weird people

ok i plugged this into a meter (not sure what type of meter this is) the antenna plugs into the meter, then you plug the meter into the radio. when i key the mic up the meter needle moves but when i speak or blow into the mic it does nothing, the needle stays the same. also i do not hear anything with the volume all the way up and the squelch all the way down with an external speaker or not their is no sound. so does anybody have any ideas, if their is some more info i can give just let me know.
Classic CB
Dead Key
Dead Key
First Name: Andy

Re: uniden

Post by Classic CB »

Possibly the Audio output chip has had it, if you don't have the test gear to check it out your best bet is to take it to your local Tech.
If you open it up you may well do more damage to your radio.

Andy @ Classic CB
bluedrakonis

Post by bluedrakonis »

asfar as tech goes, i'm pretty much the local one now, the other guy moved, how would i go about testing the audio chip, and i have already got the radio opened up, their seems to be a burn mark near a diode but i dont know if this is from someone in the past working on it or what
Classic CB
Dead Key
Dead Key
First Name: Andy

Post by Classic CB »

Hi: You say your pretty much the local Tech now, what test equipment do you have available to you ?? Do you have a good Digital meter & audio signal tracer or Scope ?? If not your going to seriously struggle. What is the component number next to the diode ? I don't have the CCT for this 1 only the 510e but they probably have the same audio chip fitted, what's the number on yours ?

Andy @ Classic CB (UK)
bluedrakonis

Post by bluedrakonis »

i have a good multi meter and a good heat controlled sodering station, as well as a meter that plugs into the back of a cb to see if its tx or not, thats pretty much it, ill post the numbers once i get back home