TRC-1007 Potentiometer

For discussions on CB Radio Repair and Troubleshooting, do not post modification requests here, use the Modifications forum !
danielhulse
First Name: Daniel

TRC-1007 Potentiometer

Post by danielhulse »

Hi All,

I am VERY new to the world of CB radio and have acquired a Realistic TRC-1007 40 channel unit (very old school, I know)

I have tried the radio on all channels and am picking up nothing but "white noise" even whilst adjusting the squelch to its maximum level. A friend of mine who isnt really familiar with CBs but is an engineer has suggested the problem is related to the potentiometer next to the MC3357P chip. he is out of the country now, but has suggested I try and find the correct voltage of the middle pin on the potentiometer so I can adjust it with a multi meter (he did take a reading but I cant remember what it was and dont have a multi meter, but he seemed to think the reading was wrong and needed adjusting)

Again sorry if I sound like a total n00b, any help give would be very much welcomed. I've attatched a picture of the potentiometer in question so its clear

Kind Regards

Daniel Hulse
(English N00b :))
Attachments
2011-05-31 20.01.54.jpg
Potentiometer Circled in Red
(929.76 KiB) Downloaded 148 times