SD1446 IN A UNIDEN68

For discussions dealing with CB Radio Amplifiers.
slowpoke

SD1446 IN A UNIDEN68

Post by slowpoke »

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF A SD1446 CAN BE INSTALLED IN AN UNIDEN68. I KNOW ITS NOT THE SAME PINOUT OR MOUNTING CONF, BUT I WOULD LIKE TO TRY IT I DONT ANYTHING ABOUT BIACING I JUST KNOW ITS A WORD. IVE ASKED SEVERAL CB HACKS THEY SAY IT CAN BE DONE BUT NOT WORTH THE TIME OR MONEY. IVE DONE FEW MODS TO 29'S AND 25'S INCLUDING A ERF-2030 MOD GREAT RESULTS ON THE ROAD, BUT ALWAYS SAME REACTION IN PARKING LOT (YOUR TOO LOUD WE CANT UNDERSTAND YOU) I DONT LIKE THIS MOD. WANT TO TRY IT WITH A SD. ANY HELP OR DIRECTION WOULD BE GREAT. THNX
perfect swr more important
Mack43

Post by Mack43 »

there are many issues with installing a 1446 in a cb radio and the 2 most daunting of these are heat dispersal and power supply.

one would basically need to build an amp section in the radio.
slowpoke

HAVE SOME HEATSINK

Post by slowpoke »

I HAVE SOME HEATSINK THAT I SCRAPPED FROM OLD BASE STATIONS. NOW THE AMP SECTION, WOULD AN OLD STINGER BOARD WORK. I HAVE ONE BUT IT HAS A MOSFET ON IT.
perfect swr more important
Mack43

Re: HAVE SOME HEATSINK

Post by Mack43 »

slowpoke wrote:I HAVE SOME HEATSINK THAT I SCRAPPED FROM OLD BASE STATIONS. NOW THE AMP SECTION, WOULD AN OLD STINGER BOARD WORK. I HAVE ONE BUT IT HAS A MOSFET ON IT.
Yes just be sure to run a separate power supply line for the stinger.
WARLORD136
Frequent Keyer
Frequent Keyer

sd 1446 in a uniden

Post by WARLORD136 »

u r looking at a very complex situation. the final drive would have 2 b re-done, as well as a mess of other things 2 get it 2 work. a heatsink is the least of the problems. i would suggest u buy a stryker 490. i have 1 & love it. i have tuned it 2 do 132-137 watts on a swing from a 45 watt dead key. u do have to adjust the effects board (as these radios have an awesome amount of audio), to b able 2 use the board at it's maximun. i hope this helps u. also, a 2sc 1969 final is the best solution 4 these radios. mine swings 34 watts from a 4 watt dead key, driven at 14.9 volts. there r some 1969's out there but b-ware,some "people" r stamping cb-20's as 1969's. know the dealer!!!!!!!!!!!
WARLORD 136 <> some people are affraid of the dark---some are affraid to leave it<>
BOOTY MONSTER

Post by BOOTY MONSTER »

this guy can add a 1446 to a cobra 29 , and do it right !! im guessing a uniden shouldnt be a problem . he wont tell you how and its gonna cost . call him and ask.......

http://www.firecommunications.com/