D A Radier

For discussions dealing with CB Radio Amplifiers.
carman

D A Radier

Post by carman »

hunting for manaul for raider by D A have amp but no info except sky. got of cbtricks does not realy help need to know what tubes should be in it and how much power to put in and what to expect to get out am new to all this Thank You
gtj
rubbandman
Dead Key
Dead Key

Post by rubbandman »

Hey bro I sent you aq PM on this I did a little investagating and i'm sure that 6LQ6's are the tubes they were made with now if there is no Electrode on top of the Tubes then they might be 6KV6A's there's not that much info on those amps but there preaty Cut & Dry!!

Steve!
FT-101B / FL 2100 (Yaesu) / Mavrick 250( D&A) / Shure mic / I-10k (A1-Antenna's) / SB 220 (Heathkit)

Hooked on Glass (tubes that is)
carman

da radier

Post by carman »

they do not have electodes on top right now it has 6jr6 s in it thats what I need to know if it has the power to handle the 6kv6a s
gtj
bullfrog13x4

Post by bullfrog13x4 »

this amp is more than capable of excepting the 6kv6a tubes or even 6lq6or 6je6 or 6mj6 tubes if you ues the bigger 6mj6 or 6lq6 style you will need to move the plate conection from the tube base to the cap on the top of the tube the driving power required for full output power will vary depending the tube you choose
fatdude1
Dead Key
Dead Key

howdy

Post by fatdude1 »

the D&A Raider is a 100 watt amp the tubes it takes are 6Jg6 there are four of them.Same tube as the driver tube's in a maverick250.
Unless you have a early model then it will have a keying tube is a 6AQ5.

no more than 4watts input will bring about 100 watts out
if its a early D&A Gray and no band switch it has 11meter coils in it should do about 120 max.

thos amp's are for low input 4 watt's max on am
To tune it shut audio off on radio turn on high side max it out gird tune also on the back if it has one some did some didnt over couple 200 millie amps and your done.

hope this helps ya 73's
Frequency
Dead Key
Dead Key

Post by Frequency »

As far as I know, the tubes don't have electodes on top.