Rm-kl5oo-amp.beasty

For discussions dealing with CB Radio Amplifiers.
mouldy
Dead Key
Dead Key

Rm-kl5oo-amp.beasty

Post by mouldy »

:violent2: hi all dose anyone know a good tune up methored for RM;kl-500.recently purchesed new my self.had to buy a 30amp power suplly though.can:t eaven run it in the car so even thou its a mobile linnier u can:t run it.any way back to my original Q.any tune ups for this./? :shock:
wizzer2k

tune up

Post by wizzer2k »

Dont think there are any provisions to tune this amp. unless u start modifing the circuitry but this could leed to unwanted harmonics..

Dont see why it wont run in the car i used a b400 many years ago similar sort of power make sure you use high gauge cable is myself use the thick oxygen free stuff for car amplifiers
kc8mob
Frequent Keyer
Frequent Keyer

Post by kc8mob »

You don't need to tune that amp. You could probably tune the input a bit.
But, new those are plug and play.

And they are idealy suited for mobil use. Car batteries have more cuurent capacity then just about any 13.8 V psu, whether it is linear or SMPS
Animal
Light User
Light User

Post by Animal »

You don't need a tune-up, just a bigger power supply if you intend to use it home-based. These things draw over 40A on setting #6 (600W PEP)

If you're running mobile then make sure you hook that bad-boy directly to the battery (not to your cigarette lighter socket - believe me, some folks do try!!!) & remeber to keep your engine running othewise you'll flatten the battery in no time - alternatively park up on a very steep hill facing down!!! :shock:

The good thing about the RM is that it actually delivers the rated output unlike the Zetagi stuff which I've yet to see get anywhere near the advertised figures! :roll:
You're 5 & 9 - what's your QRZ again???
aliceana
First Name: aliceana

Re: Rm-kl5oo-amp.beasty

Post by aliceana »

Pc not switchin on. when i switch on the main power the cpu & smps fan switch on without on without any beep.? there is no display. the 20 pin connector from smps to motherboard when inserted properly then even the cpu fan don't switch on.when i try putting the cable it sometimes switches on with the sound of motherboard & HDD which is usual.All other things are fine. PLLL answer
Dino_24
Dead Key
Dead Key

Re: Rm-kl5oo-amp.beasty

Post by Dino_24 »

aliceana wrote:Pc not switchin on. when i switch on the main power the cpu & smps fan switch on without on without any beep.? there is no display. the 20 pin connector from smps to motherboard when inserted properly then even the cpu fan don't switch on.when i try putting the cable it sometimes switches on with the sound of motherboard & HDD which is usual.All other things are fine. PLLL answer
Umm... what topic did you click on exactly?
Cobra 29/NW/ST
Cobra 29 LTD
Realistic trc-52
Realistic trc-217