Need info on Robyn MT-701

What equipment do you use, what radio, antenna, etc. or for you techs out there, what test gear do you have ?
WS6HUMMER
First Name: HUMMER

Need info on Robyn MT-701

Post by WS6HUMMER »

I have a Cobra 29 LTD (made 6/07) that I have been trying to adjust a little. I was given a Robyn MT-701 swr meter/tester. I need a little help on the controls, I'm unfamiliar with them. So far I've figured out how to read wattage output, & think I know how to adjust the modulation (think!). Anyway, I heard that the CB's on board SWR meter is not the best but I cant figure out how to adjust it with the Robyn unit. Here's the Layout, 1 analog gauge with; mod, swr, & wattage. 3 knobs, 1reads "10 100 1000 CAL SWR SET MOD" another reads SWR and lists numerical values in 10's from 0-100, the last one is labled MOD and has the same numerical values as the SWR knob. I dont know how to adjust the modulation, I assume its like SWR get the needle all the way to the end where it says set and your good, right?

The main problem I'm having is that when I rotate the top main know to "CAL" nothing happens no matter what other knob I turn the needle is dead on 0 and never moves. Is my meter busted?

One more weird phenomenon is that when I set the SWR with the CB's controls while hooked up to the meter the SWR is very low but when I disconnect the meter and check it again without the Robyn meter in line the SWR reads higher. Do I just need to throw this meter away or what? Thanks