come on, somebody knows

Forum for technicians, to bounce ideas off each other.
WARLORD136
Frequent Keyer
Frequent Keyer

come on, somebody knows

Post by WARLORD136 »

i have a 7 color led that was pulled out of a friend's radio a while back. it has 3 legs,the middle being hot (with a 1k res) i can get this to run a cycle once, then it quits. i have tried this thing 7 ways from sunday, all combinations, and it don't work 'tall (genuine hillbilly slang). thanks for any halp(more slang)!
WARLORD 136 <> some people are affraid of the dark---some are affraid to leave it<>
Dodgem250
Dead Key
Dead Key

Yes, I do...

Post by Dodgem250 »

All you have to do is add in a small momentary push button switch across the middle and second longest leg of the LED, when you press the button, this will recycle the LEDs pattern. Also, by continuously pressing the button, you can scroll through and select a particular color that will stay lite, instead of recycle.

I have used this same technique for many years and I install the switch in the rear of the radio so that the user can select which color they want the meter light to be on a particular day, and I also wire the LED into the receive circuit so that when the mic is unkeyed it will continue to recycle the LED, sort of the same theory as the momentary pushbutton, but it is automatic via the mics PTT switch. I have all kinds of neat things I have designed with these 7 color LEDs for use in radios. I get a lot of the same thing here in my shop, like, "How in the hell did you do that?" LOL!

Thanks,
Dodgem
DM CB Radio Products
www.Dodgem250.com
Attachments
Custom Built Unit
<br />DM CB Radio Products
<br />All Yellow LED lighting
Custom Built Unit
DM CB Radio Products
All Yellow LED lighting
cobra25yellow.JPG (22.72 KiB) Viewed 6342 times