cb radio mod cd

Discussions on CB Radio Modifications
carl
Dead Key
Dead Key

cb radio mod cd

Post by carl »

i figure rather than you guys buying it from ebay i will post it here for a day or two. its in .iso format so all you need to do burn it to a cd. (burn image). it doesnt cover to much on the brand new radios, if i could use html at all i would update it.

mods cd

its very big even zipped so it will take a while to download. with a high speed connection it might take up to an hour.

its algo got quite a bit on scanners
The Defpom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by The Defpom »

Can you make sure the file stays up a bit longer, I was trying to download it and it stopped (I am on dial up, so it was taking a while), I had been downloading it for about 21 hours (it still had about 6 hours left) and it stopped, and now I cant seem to access the file.
carl
Dead Key
Dead Key

Post by carl »

ill try posting it up with a different host service after i go to the dentisit later.

http://www.hardtimez99.com/DL/donate.htm this version is not zipped so it will take a we bit longer.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SZG2HGT0 zipped
carl
Dead Key
Dead Key

Post by carl »

origional seems to be working again.

you can use this to burn the image to a cd -burncdcc
The Defpom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by The Defpom »

I managed to get it downloaded, I notice that all of the schematic diagrams on the CD have been stolen from my site, I am not that bothered though, as they are very poor quality versions, which anyone can download from my site.

I was told about this CD doing the rounds a while ago, and that it had information on it from my site, I tried contacting the site owner to get them to stop selling it, as it contained information from my site which was obtained without permission from me, along with no credit being given as the source.

Did you simply buy it or are you the person that is selling them as well ?

I understand that it also has a trojan or something on the CD, so people need to watch out for that as well.
carl
Dead Key
Dead Key

Post by carl »

i bought it from the guy thats selling it. i havent seen anything on the cd being bad. perhaps you are seeing the active x warning.

http://www.hardtimez99.com is the address of the seller.

i ran a virus scan on the cd and in raw form and nothing was found.

Scanning Complete
HouseCall did not find any potential threats on your computer.

it passed ca antivirus, avg antivirus, nod32 antivirus as well. spybot, ca spyware, ad-aware all showed no signs of any wrong doings.
Martin

cb radio mod cd

Post by Martin »

To The Defpom
I think you should be carefully with your words.

As all the diagrams on the cd are in the public domain and if any one the rights it?s the manufactures and not you. I do not see you given any credit to the manufactures.

You can only clam the rights to work if you own the copyright and as we do not see any diagrams or tweaks on your site which have been produced by you so you can not clam the copyright rights.

The copy of the cd has been upload to the Megaupload is full Trojan virus.

Now can you take me of your memberlist.

You will probable remove this post from your site and this will just show the sort of guy you are.

Thank you
Martin
The Defpom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by The Defpom »

Interesting comments, what I was referring to is that my site was not being given credit as the place that they downloaded the diagrams from, being the source of the actual files, did they scan them all in, no, I did, did they create the images and take the time to upload them to a server, no, I did, I am not claiming credit for creating the diagrams, I am claiming credit as the source at which they took (stole) them from without permission.

You seem to be acting very defensive for some reason, I don't suppose that you are the guy that is selling the CD's ?

You also sound a heck of a lot like a guy that stole all of my sites mods information, removing my own copyrights notices, and then added his own, and put them on his site, to make out that they were all his...

As for mods and such, I actually created or contributed to many of the mods on my site (or people sent them to me for inclusion, some exclusively), but that is another issue, unrelated to the CD, as I did not find any mods from my site on there.

I am not selling information on a CD that was put together by other people, information that myself or Bennie (the owner of CBtricks) have worked hard to create.

As to the "sort of guy I am", I think that I am a nice guy, who is offering information to people and providing a service.
hardtimez99

Post by hardtimez99 »

Hello Scott,
I am the actual creator of the CD in question here, and I would like to say that I am very sorry for taking your schematics without your permission. I first created the disc in early 2003 with intentions of creating something useful that nobody had done, and selling it for a profit. I used information that I had obtained personally, plus info from many web sites (many of which are no longer available). All of this being done to try to make a little extra cash, but I never dreamed that it would take off like it did. Now, at any given time you can find at least 20+ listings of the work on eBay by various sellers. (I personally list only 1 copy per day)
I no longer offer the CD for sale from my web-site, but share it on a donations bases only. This money is used to transport children/youth to local activities, to help pay for hot meals on Sun & Wed nights, and really anything else that a comes up that might be needed.
I assure everyone here that the web-site and downloads are legitimate. There are no Trojans/Virus contained on the disc if downloaded directly from my site. I can't promise this if you use the megaupload link (I didn't upload it). I will not change the download link listed above unless the bandwidth consumption gets to where I can't afford it. All I ask is that if you like the information to please make a small donation, it really does help more than you think. Those of you on dial up can use the address listed on the donations page and I will mail a copy to you. Please send at least a couple of bucks to cover postage and materials (blanks, labels and such).
Again Scott (and anyone else) I am so sorry for using your stuff without permission. I am planning on updating the disc later this year, and I will include credit where credit is due, including links to the creators when available.
Sincerely,
Terry (hardtimez99)

PS: As to the sort of guy Scott is (or Bennie) I feel that they are the greatest assets in the on-line CB Radio community bar none, and your efforts are VERY greatly appreciated.
carl
Dead Key
Dead Key

Post by carl »

i didnt want to post the direct link at first because bandwith costs money. i only posted it because megaupload is troubled with uptime at times. i planed on leaving it for a week and than editing it out.

the megaupload link is clean. im the one who uploaded it. all i did was zip the origional iso to make it quicker to download.
The Defpom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by The Defpom »

hardtimez99 wrote:Hello Scott,
I am the actual creator of the CD in question here, and I would like to say that I am very sorry for taking your schematics without your permission. I first created the disc in early 2003 with intentions of creating something useful that nobody had done, and selling it for a profit. I used information that I had obtained personally, plus info from many web sites (many of which are no longer available). All of this being done to try to make a little extra cash, but I never dreamed that it would take off like it did. Now, at any given time you can find at least 20+ listings of the work on eBay by various sellers. (I personally list only 1 copy per day)
I no longer offer the CD for sale from my web-site, but share it on a donations bases only. This money is used to transport children/youth to local activities, to help pay for hot meals on Sun & Wed nights, and really anything else that a comes up that might be needed.
I assure everyone here that the web-site and downloads are legitimate. There are no Trojans/Virus contained on the disc if downloaded directly from my site. I can't promise this if you use the megaupload link (I didn't upload it). I will not change the download link listed above unless the bandwidth consumption gets to where I can't afford it. All I ask is that if you like the information to please make a small donation, it really does help more than you think. Those of you on dial up can use the address listed on the donations page and I will mail a copy to you. Please send at least a couple of bucks to cover postage and materials (blanks, labels and such).
Again Scott (and anyone else) I am so sorry for using your stuff without permission. I am planning on updating the disc later this year, and I will include credit where credit is due, including links to the creators when available.
Sincerely,
Terry (hardtimez99)

PS: As to the sort of guy Scott is (or Bennie) I feel that they are the greatest assets in the on-line CB Radio community bar none, and your efforts are VERY greatly appreciated.
Hi Terry,
Thank you very much for coming forward and explaining your position, I am glad that we can finally get this sorted out !

When you revise your CD and include prominent credits and links to the sources (sites) that still exist then I am fine with you using the content that is publicly available from my site, what annoyed my was that I was not credited as the source of the files (as I am sure you have read).

I think that most site owners would be happy about the situation if they are asked permission, and credited, and linked to.

As for profiting from selling the information, that is a hard one to judge, obviously you are being paid for your time making the CD's etc. which is OK, however, I also think that a portion of the profits should go to the source sites too, you would really need to contact each site owner to discuss this, personally as long as I have prominent credits and links to my site then I will be happy with that.