Discussions on CB Radio Modifications
soundmanjim
Dead Key
Dead Key

have i made an error? Realistic HTX-10

Post by soundmanjim »

Hi Guys.

long time no squawk on here!

Jim here from the uk, just bought a Realistic HTX-10 on Ebay before reading the reviews - which don't look good on the modification front.

Can i or can't i mod it for 25-29Mhz coverage, or should i just relist it back on ebay and look for something else? (i was after a galaxy saturn with the counter on the front for use in my van mobile).

Comments please!!

seeya

jimmy 26CAT23
soundmanjim
Dead Key
Dead Key

Post by soundmanjim »

by the way, forgot to mention the radio looks identical to the Albrecht AE485 and other similar looking rigs.
Rick
Technical Helper
Technical Helper

Re: Realistic HTX-10 11 Meter mod.

Post by Rick »

If you have a very early radio with the Albrecht AE485 MCU then you can convert it to 11meters, it is just the same has the Albrecht AE485. in any case it is not a nice radio. If you need a radio with a frequency counter look for SS158EDX as it will have all you need and more.
Rick.
soundmanjim
Dead Key
Dead Key

Post by soundmanjim »

thanks rick. yeah i knew these rigs werent fabulous but it was only for the van and they are quite small - anyway its academic now becuase i sold it on ebay yesterday and got all my money back, so i'm looking out for an edx, saturn, vr9000 or similar.
Also i am bidding on a midland 7001, whats the opinion on those? Its the verion with the nice 5 digit counter built into the front, with am/fm/ssb
Rick
Technical Helper
Technical Helper

Re: Realistic HTX-10 11 Meter mod.

Post by Rick »

IMO stay away from VR9000 and Midland, they are ok as a base radio but do not like being used as mobile.
Rick.