Cobra 25 WX-NW-ST mods

Discussions on CB Radio Modifications
newradioguy
Dead Key
Dead Key

Cobra 25 WX-NW-ST mods

Post by newradioguy »

im having trouble finding any mods for this ,is it the same as the 25 ltd classic?
Pioneer621
Dead Key
Dead Key

Post by Pioneer621 »

newradioguy,

Yes, the Cobra 25 WX NW ST should have the same mods as the Cobra 25 LTD CLASSIC. I just tuned up a 25 WX NW ST the other day & I did it like any other 25 LTD, so I beleive all the mods should be the same. The only really main difference in it from a standard 25 LTD is the Night Watch face & EL Driver / Dimmer Circuit, plus it has the sountracker circuit, thats about it, the rest should be the same. All I did to the one I worked on was a basic Peak & Tune & checked to make sure it was on frequency. What are you planning on doing to yours? I hope this helps. Take Care. Pioneer621
newradioguy
Dead Key
Dead Key

Post by newradioguy »

im looking to just do a little tuning ,looks like i should spread L8 and tune L10 is that correct? thanks
Pioneer621
Dead Key
Dead Key

Post by Pioneer621 »

Yes, that is correct. You can Adjust L10, & spread or pinch L8 & L9, you will have to tweak them for best performance, spreading them may not increase output but in fact may lower it, you may have best performance with them pinched together, so just watch the output on a watt-meter & tune for max output.

The Modulation adjustment is VR5, or you can cut (remove) D9, though I do not recommend completely disabling the AMC circuit. If VR5 does not have enough range, lift the banded end of D9 & solder a 1K-ohm resistor in series with the diode, then adjust for 100% modulation or to where the AMC circuit just starts to limit modulation.

I hope this helps. Take Care. Pioneer621