Ford Roadmaster 505

Discussions on CB Radio Modifications
DIRTY HARRY
Frequent Keyer
Frequent Keyer

Ford Roadmaster 505

Post by DIRTY HARRY »

Hi people :D ,does anybody have the correct procedure for midbanding one of these? I know they have the Cybernet 134AOX pcb board which is shared by many other u.k rigs such as the harrier cbx,rotel 240 etc,etc.But there are one or 2 differences as there are one or two extra componants etc on the roadmaster's main pcb & the channel selector pcb is totally different when i compare it to my Rotel 240.I don't want to do any trial & error with this rig as its near mint in the box & don't want the expense of replacing PLL's with getting it wrong, so i need the correct procedure for the 8 wires that run from the PLL's to the channel selector pcb which is obviosly different to the regular Cybernet 134AOX midband mod,anybody have the relevant info??Cheers in advance,Shaun :D
Attachments
505.jpg
505.jpg (26.27 KiB) Viewed 13053 times
warhorse
Frequent Keyer
Frequent Keyer

Ford Roadmaster 505

Post by warhorse »

Hi the 76-900 uk midland homebase has the same config on the channel selector as the cybernet beta 3000,(505) post when i find the inf.
warhorse
Frequent Keyer
Frequent Keyer

Ford Roadmaster 505

Post by warhorse »

o o o o

o o o o

4 1 o 3

2 5 o o

o 8 o o

7 o o 6

This may help! common anode''. if common cathode need ''hex inverting.
DIRTY HARRY
Frequent Keyer
Frequent Keyer

Ford Roadmaster 505

Post by DIRTY HARRY »

Hi Warhorse :D Thankyou for being so helpfull.Thing is the diagram you showed me for the pin out does not look like what i have here,i will post a picture of the channel selector pcb when i find my camera.As for the LED display its definetly a positive one.Cheers again ,Shaun :D
warhorse
Frequent Keyer
Frequent Keyer

Ford Roadmaster 505

Post by warhorse »

This is the correct pin outs regarding the last post 505.

4 o

o o

o o

3 o

5 o

1 o

o o
6 o 7 2 8 o o

o o o o o o o
DIRTY HARRY
Frequent Keyer
Frequent Keyer

Ford Roadmaster 505

Post by DIRTY HARRY »

Hi Warhorse & thanks for your input mate :D much appreciated :wink: I took a picture of the channel selector pcb,anychance you could copy the pic & put numbers besides the solder points using microsoft paint to show me the exact pins then repost it? as this is priceless info for everybody as its not documented anywhere online & also i want to make sure i get it 110% right.Have you ever performed this mod to a 505 before? Regards & thanx again,Shaun :D
Attachments
rm505.JPG
(495.98 KiB) Downloaded 191 times
warhorse
Frequent Keyer
Frequent Keyer

Ford Roadmaster 505

Post by warhorse »

Hi 1st pinouts regarding the 505. you could allways do the wire to res volts checkout to light the leds! ie abcdefg, i,e 1-8. [/img]
Attachments
rm505.JPG
(328.28 KiB) Downloaded 203 times
DIRTY HARRY
Frequent Keyer
Frequent Keyer

Ford Roadmaster 505

Post by DIRTY HARRY »

Hi mate,cheers for that :D ,i noticed one or two of the numbers in the picture you added numbers to are in different places compared to the last revision of the diagram you made,especially number 6 :?
Cheers again,Shaun :)