Uniden 300 Mid block problem

Discussions on CB Radio Modifications
dx90
First Name: Andy

Uniden 300 Mid block problem

Post by dx90 »

Hi

I have tried to mid block my Uniden 300 homebase by piggy backing a TC9106 PLL on top of the TC9119 without sucess.

I have done this conversion many time before years ago. This radio when mid blocked will work normal on the UK but when switched to mid block it will only RX/TX on any one frequency that the VCO is tuned to and that's it. After I bought the radio the previous owner said he tried to have it mid blocked several times and they all had the same problem with it. So he sold it because no one could mid block it.

Any ideas what is wrong with the radio to cause this?

I've never had a problem with any of my Uniden's or Audioline's when I mid blocked them years ago, until now.

Thanks
dx90

Re: Uniden 300 Mid block problem

Post by dx90 »

Where can I buy an Eprom for the mid block so I can give that a try?

Thanks
rf-doc
First Name: Klaus

Post by rf-doc »

Hallo

For TC91xx PLL (and other 40 Ch Rom-fixed PLL like LC7132, LC 7120 ) you can buy modules in Europe / Austria

give the mid block and other blocks
+ 40 Ch
- 40 Ch
- 10 Khz or 5 KHz
an old UK Band 27601-27901

what you want...

They are 100% pin-kompatible to the original PLL's ...

(sorry for my bad english)

dx90

Post by dx90 »

Hi

Where can I find one?

I have done a search and can't find where to buy one from.

Thanks
rf-doc
First Name: Klaus

Post by rf-doc »

hi,

aks my friend Gerhard (Georgie) in Graz/Austria :wink:
pretty smart engeneer....

http://members.chello.at/funkservice/cb-funk.html

good luck
warhorse
Frequent Keyer
Frequent Keyer

Post by warhorse »

Nice post above since you no the mod and the radio all on spec etc in perfect working order- in most cases the tc9119 can become damaged over aged heat shorts blahbla, pain in the axx when a tc9119 goes down if you do a mids mod. unsolder the tc 9119 place 18pin sckt in the main board. replace the tc 9119 for another tc9119. try mod again. re check all work is neat. if you dont wish to damage the tc 9106-sm5126p. neatly solder an 18pin sckt over tc9119 2pins either end pin 5 to the switching- etc.or you could use solid awg wire and do the mids conv on the underside of the board all works ok. had many uniden boards go down like this take it as a warning the chips damaged -over,aged. check to see mids pll is working ok bef the mod should read 27406odd on 40 26966odd ch1 rx/tx ok.retuning the vco from 3.50 volts - probable. spectrum may still do the mids boards for conv.http://www.spectrumcomms.co.uk/ .never was keen on there mids conv boards-they work ok though lot of hassle mind, for the same result. chris. dragonfly'' west sussex.