Galaxy DX959

Discussions on CB Radio Modifications
RogerBaran

Galaxy DX959

Post by RogerBaran »

I have been compiling a text file of the various mods that I see out on the net for this radio.

I would be happy to share it, but you all probably already have everything that I have found.....

Everything I have found indicates that R264 is the one that I want to put a 1N4001 Diode on --- as well as an improtant resistor for other potential mods -- but I will be damned if I can find it!!!

I can find R263 and R265 but not R264!!!!

Does anyone know where it is???

Also, I would really like to get my hands on a schematic --- does anyone have one????

Thanks!
Roger
Cobra 25 NW
StrangeBrew

Post by StrangeBrew »

Try www.cbtricks.com click on radio info at the top of the page and follow the index to the radio you want. I believe they have a schematic for the 959 there.

added on edit: I just checked and they do have a lot of info on that radio including the schematic diagram, parts lists and layouts, alignment procedjures and anything else you might need.
bullwinkle
Dead Key
Dead Key

R264 In galaxy is located........

Post by bullwinkle »

I just did this Mod. I used the DOMINATOR part on ebay and it works well.
The R264 resistor is located with radio facing you,
Locate VR14 look to the right {right next to vr14} you will see the resistor but the printed letters are under it. Once yoyu get it out; you will see.
This dominator part is the way to go! It gives you step by step instructions and a HEAVY duty part not sure what it is but it has a big red dot on the right side and it is mounted with the red dot towards you to the Circuit boards right side.