Maycom EM-27 & 400ch Conversion

Discussions on CB Radio Modifications
m0tjc

Maycom EM-27 & 400ch Conversion

Post by m0tjc »

Hi All,

I got an old Maycom EM-27, with a few faults, that I am playing with, for a bit of fun.

I've tried the 400ch mod, and am pleased to say, that it works.

However, I wat to use it on 29mHz FM (yes, I'm a licensed ham!), but the 10m FM channels are all .600 .610 etc, and I am getting .605 .615 etc on the radio. Also, I'm getting the annoying .0025 offset, from the UK CB channels. If I play with the UK/EU selector button, all it does is shuttle through the banks of 40ch!.

Is there any way that I can either get 5kHz steps? and also, to try to lose that damned offset?

One of the local chaps says you have to press 2 buttons on power up each time, to round things up... but he cant remember what they are, and I have tried just about every combination!

Any advice would be appreciated, as if I can get this sorted, I'll fix the other faults, and have a nice little 10m radio, to chuck in the car!

Cheers,

James - M0TJC
Warf135
Light User
Light User

Maycom EM-27 5KC shift

Post by Warf135 »

Link option 5 on the solder-links to enable 5kc shift. To use, hold M1 and press M6. In 200, 400 or 600ch mode the radio will display the change, however, in 80ch mode the display does not change but the frequency does.

The .25 uk offset is not applyed in 400 ch mode, however it is still displayed on the screen. on european versions of this rig the .25 in the display is replaced with MHz. There is no known easy way to remove the .25 from the display.

if you want more info, check out my maycom page. Don't know if i'm allowed to put a link here, but if you google "maycom em 27 mods" and normsweb should appear.

Hope this helps.

Norm.