My Gripe.

Discussions on CB Radio Modifications
Rick
Technical Helper
Technical Helper

My Gripe.

Post by Rick »

I have helped 5 guys in the passed month to get there radios up and running vir the PM on this forum and not a one has express any form of gratitude, is just to much to say thanks.

Rick.
fracu

Post by fracu »

Please help me! I promess you i'll be very grateful to you!!!
Please see my post. I think you're my only hope.
Thanks!
Ron Fouler
Dead Key
Dead Key

Post by Ron Fouler »

I've read all your posts helping people out, rick, and I must say you are probably the most helpful person I've seen on any forum. Keep up the good work, cos I may need your help one day soon, too :)
I'm NOT Satan: It's 2 six's and a 9!
--
26-LB-6
cubwolf

Post by cubwolf »

Hi Rick
I too am very impressed by your knowledge especially of the obscure (to me at least) old am radios.
I agree though on people not having the courtesy to say thank you.
I have a few emails a day from people on ebay asking whats wrong with their radio.
If i can help out i do but its not very often you have anyone thank you.

Its the way the world is going i think (He says sounding more like an old fart everyday!)
Ron Fouler
Dead Key
Dead Key

Post by Ron Fouler »

cubwolf wrote:Hi Rick
I too am very impressed by your knowledge especially of the obscure (to me at least) old am radios.
I agree though on people not having the courtesy to say thank you.
I have a few emails a day from people on ebay asking whats wrong with their radio.
If i can help out i do but its not very often you have anyone thank you.

Its the way the world is going i think (He says sounding more like an old fart everyday!)
But dave, you ARE an old fart! ;)
I'm NOT Satan: It's 2 six's and a 9!
--
26-LB-6
beefcake747
Dead Key
Dead Key

Post by beefcake747 »

RICK: i greatly appreciated the quick responses with helping me with the more clarifier shift and audio problem on my DX949. it works GREAT!! your knowledge of radios is great. thanks for all the help.
Grasshopper
Dead Key
Dead Key

Post by Grasshopper »

bullwinkle
Dead Key
Dead Key

just curious if any of them thanked you yet

Post by bullwinkle »

If not; It's a damn shame. Dude here in the States, we have no one to be found with your type of skills. I'm seriously thinking of spending some serious time with a mentor if or when I find someone close by that knows what they are doing.
Did you have someone coach you along the way? Tell us a little about what it takes to aquire some skills. I took electronics in high school and learned the basics but this field is much different in that alot of the circuits and info are trade secrets.
I have downloaded repair manuals for various radios and they tell me little about referance voltages (for an example) and troubleshooting broken down radios.
Are there some books that come to mind that might help grasp a better understanding of how various radios operate? I'm 40 years old and just geting back into my childhood dream. Maybe it's too late to learn it all but; I guess I'll get as far as I can.
I Always admire someone like yourself who shares some of his skills, time, and asks for little in return .
Alan
DX-959
Base
Master Blaster antenna with 102" radials added
dc6468

Post by dc6468 »

Rick, I did express thanks several times for your help with my Grant XL. I really appreciated it. You are very knowledgeable. Keep up the good work!

Dave
Shoebox223
Dead Key
Dead Key

Post by Shoebox223 »

Rick...I've searched the web night and day for radio repair info. I'm convinced that you are the Mac Daddy Radio GURU....thanx a million times over for the help that you've givin me and other wanna be radio doctors around the world.
ouxly40
Dead Key
Dead Key

Thanks Rick

Post by ouxly40 »

At least once a week I scan the forum for questions with 1 or 0 replies to see if I can help. It always turns out that I can not offer help or the 1 reply was from you - offering a solution.
Min
Light User
Light User

Post by Min »

When I have been like this :banghead:
Rick always seems to come along and make me like this :dance:
You can always count on him.

Also Rick, I still haven`t gotten around to doing that relay thing to my P400 with the Beep board. When I get a chance I`ll post how it went.

Cheers Rick, much appreciated for all you help and advice.
:occasion5:
frogman296
Heavy User
Heavy User

Post by frogman296 »

i haven't been on this forum long...but you are a very knowledgeable man...a gentleman and a scholar i guess i could say..you know your way around a radio...thanks from my end
hotshot
Dead Key
Dead Key

Post by hotshot »

well you should not answer anymore of their emails or even better post there names for the buzz so we can all have a go off them.
you will always miss the shot you don't take.
Uncle Ray
Dead Key
Dead Key

Post by Uncle Ray »

You're a champion Rick , everyone appreciates you.

Cheers Mate
Chevin
Frequent Keyer
Frequent Keyer

Post by Chevin »

Rick knows is stuff all right its just amazing how much he knows. some of you may know that he is also active on 5 more forums. I think he genuinely likes helping people it is a rare to find some one like this in the modern world. He also plays a mean guitar. Keep on rocking Rick.
Chevin
pitbikeman
Dead Key
Dead Key

Post by pitbikeman »

Keep up the good work Rick. Some people have been brought up in barns and don't know anything about respect.
Last edited by pitbikeman on Saturday 15th Dec 2007, 8:09, edited 1 time in total.
hotshot
Dead Key
Dead Key

Post by hotshot »

just keep up the ass licking and you will get far
you will always miss the shot you don't take.
pitbikeman
Dead Key
Dead Key

Post by pitbikeman »

hotshot wrote:just keep up the ass licking and you will get far
I rest my case, :lol:
Last edited by pitbikeman on Saturday 15th Dec 2007, 8:11, edited 1 time in total.
Chevin
Frequent Keyer
Frequent Keyer

Post by Chevin »

You alway get one. May be he did not get the help he wanted.
Chevin
Min
Light User
Light User

Post by Min »

hotshot best you be careful what you say. Dont wont to get banned from here do you? This is a forum for learning about radios in all aspects and sharing knowledge. Rick for 1, is a person that has alot when it comes to cb radio and he does help alot of people. He is much appreciated through out the whole forum.

If you need help- post your questions
If you can help someone with there problems, please do so
If you have interesting ideas and you would like to share them with us, please do.

BUT DONT COME HERE AND BE RUDE AND HAVE ATTITUDE. ITS NOT ON.
Take that crap else where.

Other than that, have a nice day.
pitbikeman
Dead Key
Dead Key

Post by pitbikeman »

Where are the admins? Maybe they can delegate some rules to this character or remove him.
Last edited by pitbikeman on Saturday 15th Dec 2007, 8:14, edited 2 times in total.
Min
Light User
Light User

Post by Min »

No, that is abit to extreme.
He should just get a PM from them telling him to just chill and enjoy the forum and that this kind of behaviour is not exceptable. And that this will be a First and final warning.
And if further outbreaks/rudness or attitude happen you will be banned.

Well thats what I would have done if I where admin.
Maybe they will ban him, who knows.
pitbikeman
Dead Key
Dead Key

Post by pitbikeman »

Min wrote:No, that is abit to extreme.
He should just get a PM from them telling him to just chill and enjoy the forum and that this kind of behaviour is not exceptable. And that this will be a First and final warning.
And if further outbreaks/rudness or attitude happen you will be banned.

Well thats what I would have done if I where admin.
Maybe they will ban him, who knows.
Honestly, it left a negative impact as far as this site is concerned (for those who have kids reading content here). I wouldn't give him a second chance.
Last edited by pitbikeman on Saturday 15th Dec 2007, 8:16, edited 1 time in total.
Min
Light User
Light User

Post by Min »

It hasn`t left no negative impact on the forum. He should make an appolagy to you and possibly all members of the forum. As far as an instant ban, I would say no.
But that would of been the first and last chance. Next outbreak would result in a no questions asked, instant ban. But then again, thats what I`d do.
Jamie

Re: My Gripe.

Post by Jamie »

Rick wrote:I have helped 5 guys in the passed month to get there radios up and running vir the PM on this forum and not a one has express any form of gratitude, is just to much to say thanks.

Rick.
Rick,
Your posts keep me thinking and learning. I really appreciate that. Thanks for posting to this forum.
Jamie
Min
Light User
Light User

Post by Min »

Back on track/subject, thats good to see. We are all always thinking and learning here.
pede69
First Name: John

Post by pede69 »

Dear Rick...

I have cruised through this forum from time to time and read a few post.

I would like you to know that after reading "your gripe", I felt compelled to sign up, and I did.

The reason I did so was to convey the following message to you...

It is obvious that you are highly regarded and well respected here. People of your giving nature and unselfish character are really few and far between.
Do not let the ungrateful sway who you are and what you stand for. You know what they say... What Goes Around, Comes Around.

So from those of us whom are grateful you are around to offer your valuable assistance whenever you can, thank you and onward CB tech warrior.

JD
Pepe Le Pew
Dead Key
Dead Key
First Name: Michael

Post by Pepe Le Pew »

Hello Rick... I hope you keep doing what you're doing, cause I know I'll need your help in the future. With that being said, I will gladly thank you now for a fix tomorrow. I have to agree with the replies that I've seen from the other users. Your knowledge, and understanding of rf circuitry is quite impressive. Now that all the mutual butt-kissing is over...Get back to work. J/K... NO SERIOUSLY I was Joking!!!!
9Lives
First Name: Grant

Post by 9Lives »

Well, I'm brand new new to this forum and I have read mounds of info with your name tagged on it. And I would like to express my gratitude, and I may need your help desperately :/. Your the 148 man with the plan? That's a creepy pic btw bro lol love it.