uniden pro-640e manual

This is an area for you to post requests for any radio parts, equipment or test gear that you are looking for.
speedracer6g
Light User
Light User
First Name: Michael

uniden pro-640e manual

Post by speedracer6g »

I need a manual for a uniden pro-640e can anyone help me out on this one.

thanks,

MIKE :?:
Rick
Technical Helper
Technical Helper

Re: Uniden pro-640e manual

Post by Rick »

Have you tried Uniden as they can be very helpful at times.
Rick.
speedracer6g
Light User
Light User
First Name: Michael

Post by speedracer6g »

tried uniden and they dont support that model anymore. I was just having problems with the led meter display it dosnt show power or signal strength. didnt find anything on the net yet either.

MIKE
Studio1
Dead Key
Dead Key

Post by Studio1 »

I have the circuit diagram for that set - plus I think there is a copy in the member's section of RadioMods for it.

Bear in mind that the LED display modules for these sets are prone to giving a lot of trouble. The LED segments stop working (especially on the channel number display 8's) and this module is no longer available from Uniden or the OE manufacturer.
I did however see some for sale somewhere on the web a short time ago - so a Google search may turn up some.

I have a Pro 640e which I converted BACK to US frequencies and I have reduced the current drive to the LED display as it was far too bright in my opinion and I think this is what causes the segments to stop working - they simply burn out.

With the display running at lower current it is still very readable and has lasted to this day.