channel selectors needed for 858 chasis radios

This is an area for you to post requests for any radio parts, equipment or test gear that you are looking for.
hamguy2
Light User
Light User

channel selectors needed for 858 chasis radios

Post by hamguy2 »

hi everyone, im chasing 2 or more channel selectors for a cobra 138xlr and president washington base station .the chassis in the 2 radios is a upd or 858 chassis. i need the 2 or more channel selectors with the display board and the plastic celefane cable that plugs into the board ,im located in australia but i will pay the cost of the channel selectors and shipping but we need them urgently email is satob196@idx.com.au ,thanks hamguy2 nsw australia. :?: :(
The Defpom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: channel selectors needed for 858 chasis radios

Post by The Defpom »

I do not have any selectors, and have not found a good source either, however, I have recently designed and made my own digiscan type units, so far I have made 3 of them, and am still refining the design, but they do work, let me know if you may be interested in one of these.

They cover 25.995-28.000 MHz, and have a presettable starting frequency of 26.000, 26.500, 27.000 or 27.500 MHz (selected by a jumper), I have only tested these units on a Cobra 140GTL-A so far, but they should work on most digiscan compatible radios as they have a PLL onboard.
520Robyn
First Name: Clinton

Re: channel selectors needed for 858 chasis radios

Post by 520Robyn »

I may have a few old Radio Shack 858 mobiles. If your still in need let me know. I will have to dig them out of the cabinet!