Noise

This is an area for you to post requests for any radio parts, equipment or test gear that you are looking for.
janp

Noise

Post by janp »

Hi,

I've been told that if you set up a simple CB radio and somehow "mistune" the antennas, it will make an interference to nearby stereo systems. If anybody out there has got such 'setup' for sale I'm very intrested.

Thanks
Studio1
Dead Key
Dead Key

Post by Studio1 »

There are easier ways to cause interference or to suppress noise from the neighbour's stereo system...
cookie

Post by cookie »

if your having neighbour probs it might be easyer and cheaper to just go talk to them rather than piss them off and start a war.
You can't change the direction of the wind....... but you can adjust your sails to reach your destination
janp

Post by janp »

Studio1 wrote:There are easier ways to cause interference or to suppress noise from the neighbour's stereo system...
I would love to know how. Have tried to talk for many times, but noone cares.

Thanks
Jan P

jan(at)wicing.co.uk
Dazz
Dead Key
Dead Key

Post by Dazz »

You could use an amplifier for your cb.
200 watts would probably be enuff.
also make sure that the ant. is tuned first before u start tx with amp.
If they are really close, a beam on a uhf cb pointed at the offending stereo could be better.
If they listen 2 the radio really loud, a small fm transmitter tuned over their favourite station could be fun, as you could play annoying music over it. I've done that before and got them to shut up real fast!
cheers anyway daz in auz.