Idenify this beam

For discussions dealing with CB Antenna Systems.
JOHNNY BE GOOD
Dead Key
Dead Key

Idenify this beam

Post by JOHNNY BE GOOD »

I was given a tower with a beam on it ,the people bought the house and just wanted it removed. The beam is basic H shape with a round ring suspended by two elements hanging down over the mast similiar to what I think an asto plane had on the bottom. Trying to idenify this beam so I might find specs. on lenght of elements when installing it at my house. Currently running on a ground plane so I think this beam will help. There is also a ASTRO PLANE on the other side of there house must be for non directional recieve. Figuring out how to use both will be my next project. Thanks for any info John
kc8mob
Frequent Keyer
Frequent Keyer

Post by kc8mob »

Using both is easy, Either use a relay to switch between the two or. Or co-phase them. You'd have to use a delay cable feedlin though to get it right. Like an extra 1/2 wave length of the opertaing freq. in coax.
Show me the Linears!
kc8mob
Frequent Keyer
Frequent Keyer

Post by kc8mob »

Have to factor in the velocity factor of the coax too when you're doing your figureing.
Show me the Linears!
JOHNNY BE GOOD
Dead Key
Dead Key

Beam ID

Post by JOHNNY BE GOOD »

Thanks for the reply. Just wondering does the lower ring on the ASTRO BEAM give it a more multi. directional receive ? Thanks John