interested in beams ??

For discussions dealing with CB Antenna Systems.
belfiglioval
Dead Key
Dead Key

interested in beams ??

Post by belfiglioval »

HELLO, ok i have been using an antron 99 on a 50 foot push up poll, i am very interested in a set of beams but i don't know where to start, im going to use a RCI 2980WX, can anybody tell me what the best beams would be, any advice would be helpful, thanks.
WARLORD136
Frequent Keyer
Frequent Keyer

interested in beams

Post by WARLORD136 »

i know it's a way late reply, but jo-gunn antennas (beams) are tops. gizmotchy as well. they ain't cheap! m & p audio sells both.
WARLORD 136 <> some people are affraid of the dark---some are affraid to leave it<>
Animal
Light User
Light User

interested in beams ??

Post by Animal »

Hahahaha

Made me laugh that Jo Gunn site - 'increased audio' :^o WTF??? :roll:

I'm sure they're well made but some of the performance figures (especially 'audio gain' :lol: ) need to be taken with a pinch of salt.
You're 5 & 9 - what's your QRZ again???
WARLORD136
Frequent Keyer
Frequent Keyer

interested in beams ??

Post by WARLORD136 »

i am sure that you are a professional antenna analyist and know all. therefore i am waiting your choice of antenna, with specs, of course. nobody takes for real the specs in the ads. the "?" was asked and a place for the person who asked was given. what i did not say was that i certainly do not believe the b.s. in the mfg's claims. this should have been understood by any rational thinking person. and as you are the only one who answered, go figure. i was merely trying to give the person a site to look at & get ideas and prices, and i don't advocate the use of any particular brand, nor do i need rediculous emoticons to get my point across. spare me your slanderous rhetoric, sir, i would have you a battle of wits, but i hate to engage an un-armed man. no response is required, needed, or necessary. by the way, in response to your WTF, F.O.good buddy!
WARLORD 136 <> some people are affraid of the dark---some are affraid to leave it<>
Animal
Light User
Light User

Re: interested in beams ??

Post by Animal »

WARLORD136 wrote:i am sure that you are a professional antenna analyist
What's an analyist??? It's not in any dictionary I know of.

Dude - take a chill-pill, no-one had a go at you so there's no need to be feeling vunerable & paranoid :roll:

Sheesh - some people eh? :-#
WARLORD136
Frequent Keyer
Frequent Keyer

interested in beams ??

Post by WARLORD136 »

dude, i fear no man so don't feel like you have intimadated me in the least. you don't like the answers, don't post. your post started this, live with it. oh yeah, spare me the childish emoticons. if you can't express yourself any better, leave it be.
Animal
Light User
Light User

Post by Animal »

WARLORD136 wrote:dude, i fear no man so don't feel like you have intimadated me
It's spelt 'intimidated' - get yourself a dictionary :violent3:

:banghead:
captian_radio
Frequent Keyer
Frequent Keyer

interested in beams ??

Post by captian_radio »

It all depends on how big a beam not beams you can install.A good way to get your feet wet with a beam is to start out small ( 3-4 element) and remember that when it comes to skip it doesn't matter if vert or horz as it changes constantly. If using it for local best to use vert.Most 3-4 element antennas usually show a gain of about 7dbd which is gain over a dipole which is more realistic will also have a front to back of about 20 db. And as for spelling this site has a spell checker lol.
Bob
WARLORD136
Frequent Keyer
Frequent Keyer

interested in beams ??

Post by WARLORD136 »

animal, just having fun. i mispell common words on porpoise to see if people catch them. you have a grade of "a". see yah.
Animal
Light User
Light User

Post by Animal »

belfiglioval wrote:HELLO, ok i have been using an antron 99 on a 50 foot push up poll, i am very interested in a set of beams but i don't know where to start, im going to use a RCI 2980WX, can anybody tell me what the best beams would be, any advice would be helpful, thanks.

If you're still considering a beam, make sure it's one full wavelength above ground otherwise the performance will suffer due to coupling with the earth.

Boom-length is important too - four elements on a five meter boom will work equally as well as five or six crammed on the same boom (& have lower wind resistance & weight)

For a low take-off angle - get that thing at least eleven meters off the ground. :idea: