Galaxy DX 959

For any general discussions, if your posts topic matches one of the other forums do not post it in here, use the correct forum for the topic.
Min
Light User
Light User

Galaxy DX 959

Post by Min »

Hi all, I`m from Australia and i`m thinking about get one of these in the start of the new year.
I just want to know if people have had problems with them, if any. What where they and how did you fix it.

Also how reliable are they?

Any comments on it , Good or Bad. I`d like more info so I can find out what i`ll be getting myself into.

Cheers
frogman296
Heavy User
Heavy User

Post by frogman296 »

i have heard great things about them..i know a handful of fellas that ran them in keydown mobiles...a quite a few of the truckers up this way run them as well, mainly because they are priced right.

the 949 is pretty good as well
Rick
Technical Helper
Technical Helper

Re: Galaxy DX 959

Post by Rick »

You would be better off with a later Galaxy like the DX88HL or DX99V as they have the MC145106 or RCI-145106 PLL.

The Galaxy DX 959 and DX949 as a MB8719 or RCI-8719 PLL not so easy to mod if you need more channels
Rick.
Min
Light User
Light User

Post by Min »

Thanks for that guys, I was looking at the DX99V. Will look into it a little more. I was thinking of the 959 just cos its on the cheap side and the fact that it would look nice with all blue or green leds.
Guardogg24
Dead Key
Dead Key

Post by Guardogg24 »

I own a Dx959 and am very happy with it as far as adding channels I now have lower than channel aone and highe than channel forty and all I had to do was solder a few wires and add toggle switches to them. As far as Xmitting I had to add a linear to my rig due to the fact that the local drivers around here don't run anything less than 1200 watts. I run right at 800 watts and some of the so called big rig operators say I shut there 1200 watt rigs down. I peaked and tuned the radio added a larger final and a modulator kit I run my power down around 2 and let the swing do the rest. running barefoot like this I'm getting around 80 watts out of the radio so inmy eyes its a good rig I even am willing to compare it to some of the better texas star radios. hope this helps
Lost in Confussion!!!!!

Please help me find my way back