RCI ADVICE ??

For any general discussions, if your posts topic matches one of the other forums do not post it in here, use the correct forum for the topic.
belfiglioval
Dead Key
Dead Key

RCI ADVICE ??

Post by belfiglioval »

hello, im thinking about buying a new RCI 2980WX, i have been interestd in a good base station for awhile now, does anybody have any input about this radio or advice on a good base station ????
the dx screwdriver
Dead Key
Dead Key

RCI ADVICE ??

Post by the dx screwdriver »

when RCI first came out with the 2950 they were good by desing but manafactured badly, i personaly have a 2950 witch i cant stand (ask anyone who knows me ) but it screams i have done just about every mod that could be done to it, i just picked up the older dx2527 galaxy (made by RCI for galaxy) same board as the 2980, i did the audio and forward swing conversion( not a plastic explosive looking one ) of my own and she can walk the walk,i am know told i deffinetly have the biggest audio monster in my area i have guys 60 to 70 miles away wondering if i am running big power and it is bare foot ... long story short i think you should go for it and dont let anyone into the radio unless they now whats going on 8)
RI 421 Golden Screw Driver on the golden screw driver built radio.... locking up eastford conn.. puting the smack down on the 11 Crazy Horse
belfiglioval
Dead Key
Dead Key

thank's

Post by belfiglioval »

hi, well i bought the RCI 2980wx, i told the tech do not do anything to the radio just ship it to me, so far its great, not sure if there are any good mod's for this radio?