Static when key is on engin is not running help.

For any general discussions, if your posts topic matches one of the other forums do not post it in here, use the correct forum for the topic.
toomzy

Static when key is on engin is not running help.

Post by toomzy »

Hi folks hope someone can give me a littel insight on my problem.

cobra 29 ltd nw classic its in a 2007 Ford sterling dump truck with a detroit diesel engine .

I put a ground strap from mirror to door frame a 15amp noise suppressor in line to cb and a power line to batterys.

When the key is in the run poss. i get a loud static up to 3 on the metter cant hear that fare ,when the key is in the off or ass spot it is great i can hear far away.

When the engine is running the nois level stays the same...

Any help would be great thank s
The Defpom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by The Defpom »

It sounds like either computer noise or electric fuel pump noise.

If it is computer noise, well, your pretty much stuck with it, but if it is fuel pump noise you may be able to get it sorted.

You may need to ask your local vehicle distributor if they have a noise suppressor kit for the fuel pump.

If you can find the power supply to the pump you could try unplugging it, to confirm that it is indeed the issue.
toomzy

Post by toomzy »

Thank you for the reply had the same kind of thought it has no fuel pump so thats out I was hoping it was not the computer , it does have almost like stepper motors running the gages noise starts when they go on line and start moving I was thinking about taking fuses out one at a time and see what happens thanks all
StrightClaw
Light User
Light User

Post by StrightClaw »

If this is comming in through the power and not the antenna you may want to try this http://n4maa.us/alternator.htm I found it to work on several different interferences.