How Far do you Xmit

For any general discussions, if your posts topic matches one of the other forums do not post it in here, use the correct forum for the topic.
kilowatt68

How Far do you Xmit

Post by kilowatt68 »

I am just wondering.. How far is a good transmitt with a amp putting out 50 watts into a 102" whip

im getting about 3 or 4 miles as the bird flys.. talking to some one that is pushing 130 watts out a 4ft firefly whip.

I thaught we should get a bit more distance

Kilowatt
One thing life has taught me: if you are interested, you never have to look for new interests. They come to you. When you are genuinely interested in one thing, it will always lead to something else. "Eleanor Roosevelt"
Shadow
Dead Key
Dead Key

Post by Shadow »

Terrain, buildings, and trees (among other things) have a huge effect on your TX distance. What is between you two when you are only getting 3-4 miles?
WARLORD136
Frequent Keyer
Frequent Keyer

how far

Post by WARLORD136 »

humidity in the air will affect power so u may not get out as far on humid days. also, 50 watts isn't very much power, but every bit helps.
WARLORD 136 <> some people are affraid of the dark---some are affraid to leave it<>
Guardogg24
Dead Key
Dead Key

Post by Guardogg24 »

The 50 watts should get you 5 or 6 miles as the crow flies.
My question is did you have a modulator kit installed in your radio because if not you may not be swinging enough to cause the linear to push its peak power which will actually be around 40 - 42 watts
Lost in Confussion!!!!!

Please help me find my way back
philipswanson
First Name: Phil

Re: How Far do you Xmit

Post by philipswanson »

I have 100 watts but I go about 50 miles on average.