Will they exchange?

For any general discussions, if your posts topic matches one of the other forums do not post it in here, use the correct forum for the topic.
Damselfly
Dead Key
Dead Key

Will they exchange?

Post by Damselfly »

Hi guys. I bought a Superstar 3900el from tk about 2 weeks ago. As soon as i received the radio there was a tone emanating from the unit. I phoned him explaining this, and he was fair and suggested i returned the radio for an exchange. Anyway, i learnt to live with it and kept it. Anyway, just noticed another problem now. The problem is on every band, in that from channel 14 to 15 jumps down 30kc's. Ie ch15 shows 27.545 when it should be 27.575.From channel 15 to 16 jumps up 60kc's.I cannot get 27.595. To cut a long story short, i cant live with this and hope he'll be so kind as to do a direct exchange for a new standard 3900 as i've had enough of this 3900el. Do you think he'll do this even though it's 2week old? It's still in factory release condition and boxed etc. I'll even suggest he keeps the £6 difference for the gesture. Opinions please from anyone that's dealt with him for similar reasons. Cheers.
zodiac
Technical Helper
Technical Helper

Will they exchange?

Post by zodiac »

You haven't got the 10KC shift switch on, have you ?.
Do you have a plug in counter with the radio that's showing you what frequency your on, if you have then I would ring him up and explain whats happening and see what he says.
How far is it.
Twice it's length from halfway.
Damselfly
Dead Key
Dead Key

Will they exchange?

Post by Damselfly »

No, the 10kc switch isn't on and i've checked the frequency with the plug in Superstar counter and also used a frequency sniffer. In your estimation do you think he'll do a direct exchange though? I can't stand anymore of this.
zodiac
Technical Helper
Technical Helper

Will they exchange?

Post by zodiac »

The radio is faulty so just send it back it shouldn't be a problem.
How far is it.
Twice it's length from halfway.