Watson Power-Mite-NF smps help please

For any general discussions, if your posts topic matches one of the other forums do not post it in here, use the correct forum for the topic.
26WF183
First Name: Phil

Watson Power-Mite-NF smps help please

Post by 26WF183 »

Looking for a little bit of advice on a watson power-mite-nf 22 amp switched mode power supply, I recently dismantled the thing to change the old noisy and sticking cooling fan which was an easy job but on rebuild hit a snag, on the pcb there are two GND- outputs and I cant remember which one was used ( I know make notes next time :doh: ) and as they are not directly linked on the board I dont want to take the risk :(
The first GND- is marked as (BC GND-) on the pcb and the second GND- is marked just as (GND-) one of these pcb terminals is for the negative output connection to the rear binding post with a black wire terminated with a spade end terminal.
Can anybody on this forum please help me with the "which one to use :? ? question" as the supliers and retailers wont for health and safety reasons :x
regards 73s and thanks for reading
Phil
hotshot
Dead Key
Dead Key

Re: Watson Power-Mite-NF smps help please

Post by hotshot »

any update here :?:
26WF183
First Name: Phil

Re: Watson Power-Mite-NF smps help please

Post by 26WF183 »

Yes here is the update, its now recently sorted and well tested with a large external top fan running a RM KL400 HF amplifier to full power without any problems, I would recomend this mod to anybody with this PSU, remove the little internal heatsink fan, replace the heatsink, open up a hole in the top case (the hardest bit of the mod) and mount a large 12v PC psu cooler fan on top, totaly silent and keeps it cool at slow fan speed.
cheers
Phil.