TRC-458

For any general discussions, if your posts topic matches one of the other forums do not post it in here, use the correct forum for the topic.
HomerBB
Frequent Keyer
Frequent Keyer
First Name: Charles

TRC-458

Post by HomerBB »

I picked this up today from a friend. It appears to have a channel mod in it (notice the knob on the left side of the radio). I think the anl/nb buttons may be part of the band selection setup. I've had no time today to put a frequency counter on it and figure out the road map for it.

HomerBB
Frequent Keyer
Frequent Keyer
First Name: Charles

Re: TRC-458

Post by HomerBB »

1. Volume On/Off switch.
2. Squelch - lower the noise threshold allowing only the strongest, hopefully clearest, signals through the speaker.
3. RF Gain - limits the receiver's ability to receive more distant signals permitting only stronger nearby signals to be received.
4. Clarifier - on radios equipped with single sideband capability it is used to permit reception/transmission of signals at the same point on the frequency as the station with which you are trying to communicate.
5. Mode Selection Switch - Allows operator to choose between communications modes the radio is capable of using. In this case, AM (Amplitude Modulation), USB (Upper Sideband), ND LSB (Lower Sideband).