antenna - stealth

For any general discussions, if your posts topic matches one of the other forums do not post it in here, use the correct forum for the topic.
fireme

antenna - stealth

Post by fireme »

Hey! Bought a Cobra mobile for fun, I want the range but heres the catch, I want the shortest antenna available that gets a decent range. I have a hatchback and dont want to broadcast that I have an CB...I know bigger is better, but what is out there that will do a decent job??? if roof mounted on my car how can i tell what range a 2 foot antenna will do over a 4 foot or 8 foot for that matter??

Fireme
davesmeg
Technical Helper
Technical Helper

Post by davesmeg »

I had a mini Hustler ages ago.
Only about 18 inches with centre load and mini mag-mount base.
Range wasn't to great but it looked like a taxi antenna. :lol:
Dwane Dibbley?
Please! No!
I don't wanna be called Dwane Dibbley!
rubbandman
Dead Key
Dead Key

Post by rubbandman »

You know if you want to get out the Wilson 1000 is a Kickass Antenna and not as obnoxious as lets say a preditor 10k !! Your right it says CB written all over it.

max!
FT-101B / FL 2100 (Yaesu) / Mavrick 250( D&A) / Shure mic / I-10k (A1-Antenna's) / SB 220 (Heathkit)

Hooked on Glass (tubes that is)
whodini

Post by whodini »

excellent piece that wilson 1000, i have one , not a fan of the big antenna on the mobile but the performance is outstanding!! im runnin shooting star 200 and have a 1:1 match!!
Iceburg
Dead Key
Dead Key

Post by Iceburg »

I agree! I have a 1000 also and it gets out really well. I also have a 1.1 match on ch 20.