Anyone used/got a Superstar dm-452 mic?

For any general discussions, if your posts topic matches one of the other forums do not post it in here, use the correct forum for the topic.
Damselfly
Dead Key
Dead Key

Post by Damselfly »

I need a backup mic as i've just ordered a minuteman 2. Can anybody tell me what the audio is like from the dm452 please? Don't want to shell out £30 if it's not much cop. Thanks in advance.
SinStp
Dead Key
Dead Key

Post by SinStp »

I've got one and all it will do is squel. Ive tried it on several radios , adjusted every imaginable way and even did a cap and resistor mod to the audio line to stop rf feedback . Echo sounds great but when you turn it up enough to modulate it squels horrible. I bought it new about 2 months ago. Ive heard alot of guys love them so maybe the older ones are better ?
zodiac
Technical Helper
Technical Helper

Post by zodiac »

I've got 3 DM452 mikes and they are all very good even with different names on them.
I've never had a bad report on one yet.
Dave.
How far is it.
Twice it's length from halfway.
Damselfly
Dead Key
Dead Key

Post by Damselfly »

Thanks guys
Animal
Light User
Light User

Re: Anyone used/got a Superstar dm-452 mic?

Post by Animal »

zodiac wrote:I've got 3 DM452 mikes and they are all very good even with different names on them.
I've never had a bad report on one yet.
Dave.

As Dave said.

I never had a bad report on mine either - but the physio-therapist bills were criminal!!! :-s

They're not the most ergonomic-shaped microphone & it helps if you have double-jointed thumbs too! :wink:
You're 5 & 9 - what's your QRZ again???
mongoose
Dead Key
Dead Key
First Name: Mike

Re: Anyone used/got a Superstar dm-452 mic?

Post by mongoose »

I have been using a superstar dm452 for about 3 years and never had a problem. I have a Galaxy dx 959 and it wor great with the 452. My echo is set all the way Counter clock wise and the mod is a hair down from full. These do make your voice a little deeper but they work great. Second Mic is a Astatic d104 m6b.