DX94hp No rx when its cold.

For discussions on CB Radio Repair and Troubleshooting, do not post modification requests here, use the Modifications forum !
speedracer6g
Light User
Light User
First Name: Michael

DX94hp No rx when its cold.

Post by speedracer6g »

Dx94hp

I have a new DX94hp here in the shop. It is brand new out of the box and when it is cold outside or the radio is just cold itself here on the bench it will not RX. I have ruled out a cold solder joint because this is the second one in a row that has done this. Has anyone else seen this before on this mode?

MIKE
speedracer6g
Light User
Light User
First Name: Michael

Re: DX94hp No rx when its cold.

Post by speedracer6g »

never mind this. The radio is fine. Aparently this radio will not work with a Mag Mount antenna. At least that is what Galaxy told me. Dont shoot the messenger here Aparently Galaxy said that the 949 and 959 have the same problem. And the rx and tx works fine all the time also the customer had me confused on what was realy happening. With the dx94hp the sideband will not line clarify on his mobile mag mount antenna. I hooked it up to the base antenna and everything works fine. he has a dx95t2 and it works fine in his truck on the same antenna. Must be something in the the sideband that is different between the two radios.

Mike