Reace RS 107S Transceiver Test Master

For any general discussions, if your posts topic matches one of the other forums do not post it in here, use the correct forum for the topic.
Classic CB
Dead Key
Dead Key
First Name: Andy

Reace RS 107S Transceiver Test Master

Post by Classic CB »

Hi All: Picked 1 of these up from ebay at a good price, wondering if any of you nice people might have a user manual or Data sheet for it & if so could you email me a copy.

cuthere4
First Name: allen

Re: Reace RS 107S Transceiver Test Master

Post by cuthere4 »

hello, i was wondering if you have the plug in crystals for the front. i also bought one and cant find info anywhere, after searching for 2yrs i gave up. then about 6mo ago i put up for sale at a local cb swap and an old timer lt me know that i didnt have the plug in crystals for the front and it was useless, whether thats true or not i dont know.
anyway i just thought id pass that along, good luck, take care
Classic CB
Dead Key
Dead Key

Post by Classic CB »

Hiya & thanks for the info: As far as I know you dont need Xtals to go in the front the 2 sockets are used for quick Good / Bad testing of Xtals, it won't tell you the actual Xtal fequency but will tell you if it's capable of sustaining oscillation. The bottom scale is marked Xtal: Good or ?, do you still have the meter? i'm taking this 1 into the workshop tomorrow to fit a new battery connector & check it out. Will let you know the results.

Regards: Andy @ Classic CB
cuthere4

Post by cuthere4 »

Classic CB wrote:Hiya & thanks for the info: As far as I know you dont need Xtals to go in the front the 2 sockets are used for quick Good / Bad testing of Xtals, it won't tell you the actual Xtal fequency but will tell you if it's capable of sustaining oscillation. The bottom scale is marked Xtal: Good or ?, do you still have the meter? i'm taking this 1 into the workshop tomorrow to fit a new battery connector & check it out. Will let you know the results.

hello andy
yes i still have the meter, as of today its just a good conversation peice on my media center.just cant get any proper readings out of it. it looks like a top notch peice. i dont have any paperwork on it, maybe im not using it properly.
let me now what you find out.
thanks for your time ......allen
Classic CB
Dead Key
Dead Key

Post by Classic CB »

Hi Allen: Sorry it's taken so long to reply but been a bit busy, unfortunately the old timer who said you need Xtals for the Reace was right. The circuit inside the unit is a colpitts oscillator with tripler so for whatever channel you want to transmit a test signal on you need a xtal approximately 1 third the channel frequency, so for example channel 20 would require a 9.263 Mhz xtal to be plugged in the front. I suppose it was easier to do this than fit a channel switch with a PLL type oscillator, without the xtal plugged in you get no signal generation of any kind not even AF. The meter will still work as a Power/SWR meter though.

rf-doc
First Name: Klaus

Post by rf-doc »

Hallo

>> Manual Reace RS-107 <<

http://www.direkthomepage.de/userdaten/ ... manual.pdf

good luck with your reace oldie... :wink:

Regards
Klaus
cuthere4

Post by cuthere4 »

Hello fellas
thanks for the info on the meter and the operating inst. on the reace i think it just shows average power not pep.

thanks for your time

allen