Sound Module Pre-Keyup info required Please.

For any general discussions, if your posts topic matches one of the other forums do not post it in here, use the correct forum for the topic.
thundir
Dead Key
Dead Key

Sound Module Pre-Keyup info required Please.

Post by thundir »

Hi,
I have this sound Module coming soon. I am going to wire this into my RCI 2950 Non Dx radio. I'm enclosing a pic so you can see what the Module actually looks Like. I'm using this as a pre-Keyup and was wondering is there a way to wire it on a spst toggle switch then to my pin connectors of mic plug on radio to turn it off and on as opposed to the black play back type plunger Switch. I want this unit to keyup automatically upon depressing the mic but with the option of turning her off with the switch. when dont want to use it. Thanks Guys. I know someone here knows. Best wishes to you all from the coast of Northern Cali....... :D
Attachments
Peat-Repeat PP-1.jpg
Peat-Repeat PP-1.jpg (31.44 KiB) Viewed 17695 times
thundir
Dead Key
Dead Key

Re: Sound Module Pre-Keyup info required Please.

Post by thundir »

Bump bump come on someone must know. :banghead: I remeber back in the days I would of got 10 responses. Is this forum still alive.........................Thanks............
The Defpom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by The Defpom »

You didn't exactly wait very long... 11 hours is hardly enough time to expect a response, maybe people were asleep, or at work, or out.

In my case I was fixing a radio, then a I went to sleep...

My guess for your requirment would be to make a small relay switching circuit, to replace the push button.

It would be much like a bleep circuit, only it would run off the RX connection not the TX.

Basically you would need to pass 0V from the RX through a diode (banded end towards RX connection), through a resistor (probably about 100 Ohm) to a capacitor (probably about 330uF 16V) and then connects to the 0V side of the relay coil, you would then wire the + side of the relay coil back to the RX as well through a second diode (banded end towards RX), and have a pull up resistor (probably about 2K) connected between the + side of the coil also and 12V supply, then wire the push button wires onto the COMMON and N.O. connections.

When the radio is in RX, both sides of the coil at being fed with 0V (so it is off), when the mic is keyed the RX 0V shunt is removed from the + coil side, so it is then fed with 12V to activate the relay, simultaneously the 0V side of the coil is being supplied 0V by the capacitor, once the capacitor discharges the relay will turn off.

In theory this would work, but it may require a switching transistor to control the relay instead.
thundir
Dead Key
Dead Key

Post by thundir »

Hi Scott,
Thanks for the response.There is 3 wires. at the bottom end. (1)Red wire to 13.8 voltage source. (2)Black to ground. and (3) blue wire to mic audio wire. This leaves me to the 2 wires at the switch. Couldnt I just disconnect the switch and connect one end of the wire to the TX side of pins of radio mic and other side to shield or ground? Thanks Scott. Ill be more patience , Heheh. Best wishes to you and hope to hear from you again....................
The Defpom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by The Defpom »

The switch may need to be replaced using ONLY the wire connections provided, using another source of supply may damage the unit, or the radio, it is best to keep them completely separated from the radio wiring unless it can be clearly seen that one wire is just the 0V rail.

The other three wires are easy enough, and can be connected as you stated, just make sure that the 13V wire is run through the radios on/off switch, so when the radio is off the module is also off.
thundir
Dead Key
Dead Key

Post by thundir »

Thanks Scott. I will wire the 13.8v to the volume to turn her on and off. So you think the two yellowish orange black push button wires can't be wired to the mic pins of the radio to prekey up for me automatically while keying the mic?
The Defpom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by The Defpom »

It may be possible, but it would require that the switch design currently uses the 0V line, the only way to know for sure would be to open up the unit and see if one of the wires goes to the 0V trace inside it, if it does then you could connect the other wire to the TX line and see if that does the job for you, it may just keep on playing though the whole time you TX, that was why I suggested the relay option, which will tune it back off again after a short time (1 second or whatever you wanted).
thundir
Dead Key
Dead Key

Post by thundir »

got it. Thanks scott. Now i understand. Can you just explain ov please for me. Thanks scott
thundir
Dead Key
Dead Key

Post by thundir »

Thank you Scott. I will be receiving this next Wednesday. I asked in advance because I wanted to know. I will keep you posted. You sure cleared allot of stuff for me. You sure make allot of sense. Best wishes to you Scott. =D>