Uniden Washington-1 watt output

For discussions on CB Radio Repair and Troubleshooting, do not post modification requests here, use the Modifications forum !
RBR762
Dead Key
Dead Key
First Name: Robert

Uniden Washington-1 watt output

Post by RBR762 »

Radio Make and Model: uniden washington
PCB Number:
PLL Number: 8719
Test gear available: volt meter,freq. counter
Symptoms:radio has recieve but only key's up 1 watt on AM with no forward swing. radio key's up on SSB but does not show any output what so-ever.

What is working:

What has been tried: tried 2 different mics,plugged a speaker in the PA and it works,put a 29ltd next to the washington and keyed up the washington and the meter showed 9s plus on the 29ltds meter.checked and found 13.8 vdc coming out of the power supply.checked voltages on center pin of the final (2sc1969) and found 3.25v on AM and 13.25v on SSB when keyed up.Replaced C107 electrolytic with a 35v 1000uf cap.

Did it suddenly happen ?: yes
Anything else that may be of help?: this is a totally stock radio-never been tuned or clipped in anyway shape or form.
RBR762
Dead Key
Dead Key

Re: Uniden Washington-1 watt output

Post by RBR762 »

Update- replaced TR37 (2sc945) as suggested and no change. I do not have a 2sc1969 final to swap so i have a eleflow cb-20 on order as i have read good reviews on these as replacements.
Does anyone have alignment procedures so i can check the alignment to rule it out as the problem.
Robert
RBR762
Dead Key
Dead Key

Re: Uniden Washington-1 watt output

Post by RBR762 »

Thank you Scott !
BTW this is a very informative website with good info. Ive been helped by the good people of
this site more than once.
Robert