Texas Ranger696 Base No sound

For discussions on CB Radio Repair and Troubleshooting, do not post modification requests here, use the Modifications forum !
StrightClaw
Light User
Light User

Texas Ranger696 Base No sound

Post by StrightClaw »

Texas ranger 696 SSB base
PCB EPT069610Z
PLL ?
Symptom are no sound at all RX/PA/Talkback nothing
I have movement from my RX needle and have confirmed this while talking over the phone to a fellow CBer.
I also have good TX
I have looked inside the radio for any lose wiring or disconnected wires but found nothing like tat.
I don't know when this happened I turned my radio on and just have no sound now.

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks !
giboni
First Name: John

Re: Texas Ranger696 Base No sound

Post by giboni »

:oops:

It is frustrating when your main radio poops out on you. Few weeks ago. After spending 4 hours on an alignment, partial re-cap (power Supply) my new used antique Stalker 202 by Teaberry with Digi scan lost RF output. Probably something to do with me Jerking around with the mic wiring. ASSumed it was the same as my Cobra139XLR, Prezz Madison and Robyn 520D. I dusted off another mint one. Ahh maybe Monday my day off transfer the Digi Scan and or trouble shoot it. The 2nd Stalker 202
is Amazing.

A cursory Bing check. Have to use Google. Your board pops up. Including a PDF with a Block Diagram. It seems your radio board is quite similar

to the Galaxy 959. I have two. Sitting in a box for two years. Gave up. Will get to them . I doubt PLL. When you transmit. Do you have modulation ?

If not. Probably then that big three legged Voltage regulator went caput. Modulation. Then probably the speaker Amp transistor. Unfortunately my Laptop with the info on the Voltages to check in each section of the block diagram for the 959 was stolen. However I got it from the Internet ?

Honestly. I hate Ranger boards and anything that says Galaxy. I will fix these two 959s AGAIN. Then get rid of them QUICK. What was I thinking. Guess at twenty each got to compare them against my collection of 858 AM SSB. Liked the Ranger board first Generation dual final chrome Connex 3300.
Echo/FM was cool. I will fix it AGAIN with the 959s soon. Out the door they will go. Probably Tr24 for my Stalker 202 ?

Maybe someone with more knowledge/experience will post back to you.

Amazing. My 35 to 40 year old Radios outperform recent manufacture CB radio's. These are like the Energizer Bunny. Ranger boards ? Throw away CBS ?

Good Luck
:lol: PuppetMaster
StrightClaw
Light User
Light User

Re: Texas Ranger696 Base No sound

Post by StrightClaw »

Thanks Giboni