Question about export model of president George?

This is an area for you to post requests for any radio parts, equipment or test gear that you are looking for.
Icom2003

Question about export model of president George?

Post by Icom2003 »

Hello!
I have a question about export model of president George and usage of amplifier to it.
The amplifier i have only tolerant 6w input and the radio have 15w/fm output...the problem is how much do the radio give in output if the powernob is on minimum and middle? Don't have a powermeter to reader the output on the radio and i don't want to break the amp through overload it.
Please can someone with a George read of the power on their radio!!!

Thanks
fatdude1
Dead Key
Dead Key

Post by fatdude1 »

If you have bought the radio and amp. Spend a little more and get your self a meter and see what it is at. That way you will be sure not to over drive the amp. How can anyone tell you how much your radio is doing with out seeing the radio on a meter they can only give you a guess just like you can.

Some advise get a meter that will read more than the amp will do. And adj so that you dont hurt anything.

Sorry if that sounds scarcastic but there is no really other way to put it

Hope that help ya 73's
Icom2003

Okey a good powermeter and SWR-meter...

Post by Icom2003 »

Okey a good powermeter and swr-meter it will be after i payed all the bills this month. Some good suggestion of a cheap but decent, all in one power and swr meter?
fatdude1
Dead Key
Dead Key

Post by fatdude1 »

ok am not sure what is avalable where your at there but you can use google or something like it to see if there are any shops around you . my self i would look for something that will read RMS and peak power. DOSY makes a fairly good meter . its all on how much you what to spend on one.
Icom2003

Zetagi HP202

Post by Icom2003 »

Okay i have find a Zetagi HP202 for only 299 Swedish crown...only to order!!

Edit : picture on Zetagi HP202
fatdude1
Dead Key
Dead Key

Post by fatdude1 »

that will do a fine job im not sure how much that is beeing im from the states

but all in all it will do you just fine