ANTENNA TOWER ERECT

For discussions dealing with CB Antenna Systems.
JOHNNY BE GOOD
Dead Key
Dead Key

ANTENNA TOWER ERECT

Post by JOHNNY BE GOOD »

Are there any articals or pics. on standing a 30' tower with a antenna attached that shows how to stand it up without damaging the antenna radials. Thanks John
CW Morse

Gin Pole

Post by CW Morse »

The better way to erect a tower is with what is known as a "gin pole". This is a little device that clamps to each tower section and lifts each succeeding tower section into place. It is like a skinny pole that has a pulley at one end, rope, and clamps. As each section is lifted (the gin pole is attached at the top of the lower section so the majority of it is sticking up above the existing section), the pole is then unclamped and clamped into place on the section just erected. One can erect an infinite number of sections using this method. I really don't know how else to do it with-OUT damaging radials. Since the tower is only 3 sections, this would be a very short and easy tower-raising session!

CWM
JOHNNY BE GOOD
Dead Key
Dead Key

Post by JOHNNY BE GOOD »

Thanks cw morse as soon as are temps get out of the teens I am going to try to get this thing up. I have a Penatrator antenna to put on top, hpe this will be a little better than my ground plane on the roof. I have heard of that gin pole setup but have never seen it setup but with a little more research I think I can figure it out. Great forum for newbes that are just getting started. Thanks John