ERF-2030 mod for this radio??

Discussions on CB Radio Modifications
Ozark_MountianMan

ERF-2030 mod for this radio??

Post by Ozark_MountianMan »

I got a kit to install the ERF-2030 high output driver and fiinals for my AR-3500 (yeah, I know it isn't a CB). The place I got it from looked at the board and send instructions for the Galaxy 88 series, which I admit look a lot like the AR in the finals and driver stages from the top of the board, however, components are numbered different and the foil on the back side is different.
It is close enough that it should work and some of the components I can chase down and equate by comparing the circuit layout and schematics, however, there are a couple of components I am stumped on such as the "R285" in the Galaxy that i can't find a comparable equavelent to in the AR.

I wondered if anyone had any info on how to do the conversion as I am not up to date in my circuit theory enough to start experimenting with a fairly expensive radio... too expensive to burn up.

thanks in advance for any help.

the Hillbilly
Ozark_MountianMan

Post by Ozark_MountianMan »

BTW, this is the 35 watt version, not the factory upgraded 100 watt version, which is why I'm looking for mods to get it up to a decent power level for 10 meters... 7-12 watts ain't much on 10 meters.

The Hillbilly
kc8mob
Frequent Keyer
Frequent Keyer

Post by kc8mob »

This transistor is meant to be a replacement for other NPN transistors that are unobtanium.

There are allot of additional parts that have to be installed in conjunction with this mosfet. This is the case for any radio.

Your radio should have 2SC2312 output finals stock. they are still available and Imo are better suited for this rig. (export)

You should easily be able to achieve 30 watts on SSB

If 30 doesn't get you there, 100 wont