wife want's a new radio

For any general discussions, if your posts topic matches one of the other forums do not post it in here, use the correct forum for the topic.
trctrdrvr

wife want's a new radio

Post by trctrdrvr »

Hello everyone, hope you can help me out I hav'nt kept up with cb's since I quit driving a truck 15 yrs ago, my wife still drives and wants a new radio, with some power, any suggestions so that I can look intelligent to her.

thank for your help
carl
Dead Key
Dead Key

Post by carl »

how much do you want to spend, echo? do you think she would like a blue display or a red display. is the truck hers everyday or does she slipseat.
trctrdrvr

Post by trctrdrvr »

not sure about the cost, the truck is hers, no slipseat, monday thru friday, just shopping for some different ideas

thanks
carl
Dead Key
Dead Key

Post by carl »

first i would suggest you look here, they have some of the best pictures on the net. we will find cheaper once you find somthing you like

magnum radios seem very popular right now, there build quality leaves a little to be desired but they look nice, have echo, and produce a fair bit of power. figure about 40 watts.

galaxy has always been a trucker favorite, they have a few new dx radios that look nice, come with all the bells and whistles, and a few make BIG power. a 150 watts can be seen (they have a amp built in)

connex radios have the classic silver look to them, they suposedly have one of the best echo in the buisness, and are easy to operate. they also added internal amps to a few of there radios.

superstar has a few low cost options that perform well, they are made by rci (as nearly all radios are), and look great. you wont find the new radios there but other compays have them shown. rci has them on there webspace.
trctrdrvr

Post by trctrdrvr »

thanks for your help