Old CB'r needs Help with new equipment.

For any general discussions, if your posts topic matches one of the other forums do not post it in here, use the correct forum for the topic.
htmeeks

Old CB'r needs Help with new equipment.

Post by htmeeks »

:roll:

Good Morning:

I am a old CB'R, Just getting back in the business that can't remember how to hook up my new base radio, Dosy Test Center, Palomar Skipper and Antenna all in one Series. Does it require two jumpers? Any Help?
With all best wishes:

Ted
(Long Ranger)
Outback

Re: Old CB'r needs Help with new equipment.

Post by Outback »

htmeeks wrote::roll:

Good Morning:

I am a old CB'R, Just getting back in the business that can't remember how to hook up my new base radio, Dosy Test Center, Palomar Skipper and Antenna all in one Series. Does it require two jumpers? Any Help?
I'm an old CB'er as well but i think the order is radio to amp (1 lead) amp to meter (1 lead) antenna into meter (so two "jumpers")
regards;
Dave from Canada
htmeeks

Reply to Question.

Post by htmeeks »

:D

Dave:

Many Thanks for the information. I'll put it to the test. :dance:
With all best wishes:

Ted
(Long Ranger)
Romstar

Post by Romstar »

Make sure you test your SWR with nothing but the radio first off.

If the SWR is good for the radio alone, then you can move on to putting the amp in line.

Be sure the meter will handle the power out of the amp, and run the radio into the amp, then the amp into the meter and meter out to antenna.

If the meter can't handle that amount of wattage, get a new meter.

Once you have a good swr reading on both the radio alone and the rado&amp together, you are good to go.

Romstar
htmeeks

Reply to ROMSTAR about new Installation.

Post by htmeeks »

:D

Many Thanks for all your help. I'll put it to the test. I have a DOSY Test Center. It should handle the wattage. My SWR, on a new ANTRON Ground Plane with the elements installed on the base of the antenna for TVI, is 1.4 to 1. I have the TEST CENTER in line, But I just could'nt figure out how to get the Palomar in line with all of it. :doh:
With all best wishes:

Ted
(Long Ranger)