noise toy installation????????

For any general discussions, if your posts topic matches one of the other forums do not post it in here, use the correct forum for the topic.
ramblingman
Technical Helper
Technical Helper

noise toy installation????????

Post by ramblingman »

hello all,,,,i recently bought two used noise toys..they have no name brand..one is a space wars,other is a war games..they came with no wiring diagrams..they are unlike the ones ive been getting..they are seven wire jobs.wire colors are as follows..red,black,blue,green,yellow,brown,and either pink or orange,on the last wire..thanks for any help
sonoma
Frequent Keyer
Frequent Keyer
First Name: Johnie

Post by sonoma »

I have a bunch of toys at my place and they all have 5 wires.the only thing that comes close to what you have on wire colors is a 5 tone roger beep from workman.it has 6 and a addon wire for a switch that would make 7 wires.
ramblingman
Technical Helper
Technical Helper

Post by ramblingman »

hi,,,,thanks for the reply,,but no its not a roger beep board..it is regular looking sound modules,they just have seven wires..i suspect that probably two or three of these wires,probably will be n/c,probably like for radios with pre-beep.probably switchin wires for that.but not really sure..ive been doing alittle looking around at different brands..and i believe them to be made by humble electronics..they have a list,and war games,and space wars are among the long list of toys..but they dont give any installation info...ill probably just have to wing it..hook up to my mic tester and go...you can probable guess with a great deal of certaine that the red wire will be 12 volt source..and black will be ground..then the blue will probably be the audio line...and just wing it with the rest huh........thanks for the input,,and have a goood one......
sonoma
Frequent Keyer
Frequent Keyer
First Name: Johnie

Post by sonoma »

I searched the web also and could not find anything like you have.just mentioned the workman line as they may have had that one a long time ago.most seem to use the same wire colors on a lot of things they make.
sorry I could not find anything
galaxy
Dead Key
Dead Key

sound toy

Post by galaxy »

go to the world radio site .
ramblingman
Technical Helper
Technical Helper

Post by ramblingman »

hi all,,,,i figured it out..as i first thought three of the seven wires was no connect.n/c..hooked it up too my mic tester..and heres the results,in case someone else finds some of these seven wire toys...as figures red wire goes to 13.8 volt source..and black goes to ground..blue goes to the audio..and the pink/orange goes to the tx switch..the other three wires..green,yellow,brown are n/c...thanks for everyones help.....ramblingman
warhorse
Frequent Keyer
Frequent Keyer

noise toys eh

Post by warhorse »

its amazing what one can wire up to a type of cb radio to pass the bordom factor ever tried a 3v childs musical organ or a digital delay effects pedal the1 you plug an electric guitar in too or added extra capacitance to the back of five tone roger beeps you would be amazed of the shock horror to the poor cber.