voyage 9000 peak and tune pot locations

For discussions on CB Radio Alignment and Tuning
tim_spur
Frequent Keyer
Frequent Keyer

Post by tim_spur »

have a new voyage 9000 the one just like a galaxy dx-88 does anybody know which pots to adjust for am power and modulation also i ordered the erc-2030 power kit for it should i peak and tune it before i add the new power kit..thanks
ramblingman
Technical Helper
Technical Helper

Post by ramblingman »

hi tim,,,,this frequenzy mod.,,sounds a whole lot like that of the magnum maverick a24 radio...if it has the same pcb you can just go to the magnum mods info..and go from there....what is the pcb##??????
perrym1962
Frequent Keyer
Frequent Keyer

Post by perrym1962 »

The adjustments are the same as the 77,88 and 99, 2980, Saturn, etc. Everything is not "exactly the same", but almost.
http://www.galaxyradios.com/ssb_mobile_adj.html
try this...
tim_spur
Frequent Keyer
Frequent Keyer

Post by tim_spur »

i went to that first link you sent me ramblin man it said there were 4 little resistors right behind the channel switch i cut those loose and turned it back on and it was converted to cb band very easy works great just waiting on the 2030 power kit to come in to give it some extra bang
perrym1962
Frequent Keyer
Frequent Keyer

Post by perrym1962 »

The Voyage VR9000 I had after turning up the mod and doing the diode swing trick had more than enough bang without messing with the 2030. It would hit about 40 watts on Dosy Meter. I know they are not scientific or anything, but close. Also had super audio.
sonoma
Frequent Keyer
Frequent Keyer
First Name: Johnie

Post by sonoma »

cbtricks.com has the complete manual for the galaxy 88 which is basicaly the same radio.the board has a few things different such has the channel board on the galaxy that the voyage does not.the main tuning on the main board is the same.tune it then do a swing mod and the radio is good to go with the stock finals.
ramblingman
Technical Helper
Technical Helper

Post by ramblingman »

hey guys,,,,just wondering something..any of you had any experience with the mosfets...i just ordered a 6 pack of irf-520s had plans to put them in my galaxy dx radios,and do the associated modifications...but now i dont know..i have read a few posts on different forums.that say the mosfet finals will give you crappy sounding audio..just wondering if anyone has had any experience with the mosfets.....ramblingman
tim_spur
Frequent Keyer
Frequent Keyer

Post by tim_spur »

the only thing i dont like about the voyage is it has no mic gain wonder if you added a powermike it would sound ok without squealing.....also i was wondering if you fellows knew if you modified the old 7 volt powermikes to take a 9 volt battery would they work ok because i have a lot of old powermikes around like turners etc,but i cant find 7 volt batterys anywhere and back when i could find them they were high can you just make them into 9 volts
ramblingman
Technical Helper
Technical Helper

Post by ramblingman »

hi tim,,,,im sure that would work..probably have to do alot cutting to get the 9 volt to fit right....heres what ive done before...ive run them on mini 12s they will run good on those....you should be able to get them at your local radio shack...there not very expensive either...they kinda look like the 7 volt but there not as big around....ask for the mini 12 volt...it is basically the same lenght,fits pretty good..like i said just not as big around..try one of those and see how it goes....
Uncle Ray
Dead Key
Dead Key

Post by Uncle Ray »

I too also run the 12v batteries in my realistic power mic. No worries and it sounds cool.
I pick mine up from the supermrkt for around $1.99. Just ask for the car remote alarm batteries. :D
Rabbit Ears

Post by Rabbit Ears »

:D Hi folks!!

I've a buddy that is working on a Voyage VR9000 that wants to diable his talkback circuit. Where is R244?? :(

Thanks for the help in advance.

Rabbit Ears :P