Redco UFO Manual Needed

Forum for technicians, to bounce ideas off each other.
Old School

Redco UFO Manual Needed

Post by Old School »

Hi,

I am in need of information to properly set the programming pins in an old Redco UFO unit. I have the Digiscan 400 manual which is a help for wiring the unit to the radio, but I need the truth table for the program pins in the Redco. Anyone have a manual? I have all the editions of Secret Cb except volume 5, and I suspect there may be info in that volume for hookup to a upd858 Washington or similar radio. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Old School
If it ain't a UPD858, it ain't "Old School"
The Defpom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by The Defpom »

I have info on a few units,here is my first guess for the switch settings (if it is the right model):

For radios using a 11.285MHz reference frequency:
1, 2, 5, 9 = Off
3, 4, 6, 7, 8 = On

OR for radios using a 36.570MHz reference frequency:
1 - 8 = Off
9 = On

You need to be very specific about the model of radio you want to install this into, and which version of a digiscan it is, use the full name of the unit, there are several redco digiscan versions.

Providing all the information about your question saves a lot of time and guesswork by others.
DaJetzi

Post by DaJetzi »

If you own a Redco UFO, for D858 PLL you must set the following program pins acording to the Program Chart.

1,2,5,9,10,11,12 =Off=Black
3,4,6,7,8,13,14 =On=White

If called Black the "program pin" connects to pin 1+2
If called White the "program pin" connects to pin 2+3
GRTS
Technical Helper
Technical Helper

Re: Redco UFO Manual Needed

Post by GRTS »

Old School wrote:Hi,

I am in need of information to properly set the programming pins in an old Redco UFO unit. I have the Digiscan 400 manual which is a help for wiring the unit to the radio, but I need the truth table for the program pins in the Redco. Anyone have a manual? I have all the editions of Secret Cb except volume 5, and I suspect there may be info in that volume for hookup to a upd858 Washington or similar radio. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Old School
You can download the manual and update from here,

http://www.cbtricks.com/miscellaneous/r ... /index.htm