dx 99

For discussions on CB Radio Repair and Troubleshooting, do not post modification requests here, use the Modifications forum !
WARLORD136
Frequent Keyer
Frequent Keyer

dx 99

Post by WARLORD136 »

i was stupid enuff to loan my 99 to an ex-friend. a final blew, and he took it to dummass's cb butcher shop to have it "repaired" b 4 i found out. mr. dummass fried the board, probably with a propane torch using mapp gas, so bad i cannot figure the thing out. i have tried to bridge the circuit, but to no avail. i don't have a schematic, & my sorry old computer can't download one. any ideas would be welcome. thanx in advance. ps in this case, cb means "cluster / butcher shop :evil:
WARLORD 136 <> some people are affraid of the dark---some are affraid to leave it<>
WARLORD136
Frequent Keyer
Frequent Keyer

dx 99

Post by WARLORD136 »

i am amazed that out of all the people who browse here , that i haven't gotten an answer to my dilemma. well, i'll keep on checking. thank you. i'm not being a wise a--, i mean it, thank you.
WARLORD 136 <> some people are affraid of the dark---some are affraid to leave it<>
Rick
Technical Helper
Technical Helper

Re: dx 99 ???????????.

Post by Rick »

The subject header dx99. Is not saying what the fault is.

The reason you are probably not get an answer is because you have not let the forum know, what you have try and what voltage reading of the fault circuitry.

If you what people to help you, you need to help them.
Rick.
WARLORD136
Frequent Keyer
Frequent Keyer

dx 99

Post by WARLORD136 »

rick, there is nothing left of the board where the legs go, or went. the transistor, a 2sc1969, legs were burned off. i have tried to bridge the legs to the board, but the cremated spot is the size of a postage stamp. a big postage stamp. i am going to put it back in the stockpile as i only have three 2sc1969's(real ones) left. thanks 4 pointing out my use of un-information, as it makes trying to help difficult. there arent' any readings to be had close by, so i am going to have to bridge from somewhere, to somewhere. thanks again, rick.
WARLORD136
Frequent Keyer
Frequent Keyer

dx 99

Post by WARLORD136 »

rick, i believe an explanation is necessary. 2 yrs ago i was in the hospital for surgury. my lt leg was amputated. while i was there, my wife was there with me. my chow was at the vets being boarded. some thieves stole most of my equipment and radios. the only things they didn't get were locked in the basement. no windows and a steel door. i am now on disability and am in the process of re-newing my stuff. it is a slow process as disability doesn't pay much. please forgive me for not being able to supply a lot of info. thanks to a friend and some funding from my son, i am slowly re-gaining what i need. again, thanks rick.