CRYSTAL SWITCH

Discussions on CB Radio Modifications
beerbarrel
Dead Key
Dead Key

CRYSTAL SWITCH

Post by beerbarrel »

I was wondering if anyone knows if you can use this crystal switch in uk cb radio ie on the lc 7137 just to get a extra band some where within the vco range and does any one on here make them thanks novice modder shaun
warhorse
Frequent Keyer
Frequent Keyer

switch board

Post by warhorse »

Hi- if you look on scotts main cb page the switch board is their easy to make on copper track board. i,e on a 1.1 scale but if you detract away from 10.240 mhz then things get very complicated on th rx side of the math. in my other post i made an error in mhz if you use a 10.200 mhz crystal then this will give you 16 channels on the high band, channel 17 then becomes channel 1 on the 27601 cb band if you tie both legs and use very thin wires to switch the crystals this will keep losses down keep the wires as short as poss and you can get away from using a switch board if this is the case use a updwn switch on the cb.
beerbarrel
Dead Key
Dead Key

Post by beerbarrel »

Yet again warhorse thanks i was pondering the idea when i seen the crystal switch and your other advice was very helpfull all good thanks i will have ago at making the board no harm in experimenting is they rig was only 3 quid cheap enough to tinker and learn with